This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranquileyes question

I have been using the tranquileyes for almost 2 months now, and I put my eye drops in my eyes right before I cover them with my tranquileyes, and if I wake up during the night, I put more drops in. However, when I wake up in the morning, my eyes are still awfully and horribly dry. I thought the point of the tranquileyes was to keep moisture and help our eyes not be so dry while we sleep. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. My eyes are dry in the morning, too, after wearing TranquilEyes at night--either with or without the moisture pads. The difference I notice is that the drops and gel I use at night last longer. I don't have to reapply as often during the night, which means I sleep better. And the light-blocking factor helps me sleep better, too.

The way I think about it, is that with no blinking, at night--my eyes are pretty inactive. Even if there's moisture in there, or tears or whatever, it's not getting spread over the eye surface and this leaves dry spots. My right eye especially--seems really "dud-like" in the morning. Flattened. Lids sort of paralyzed, immobile, etc. I have to put liquid drops in first thing, and then go to the sink right away and wash with warm water. Then it's OK.

C66

Comment

I still have dryness in the morning despite the goggles, but it is much worse for me if I sleep without it. I sleep with my eyes slightly open so I definately need them - I can't sleep without it. However my eyes do get over that initial dryness in the morning much quicker than before (it used to stay very dry all morning).

Comment

Me too

I've tried sleeping with and without them and I've learned the hard way that I wouldn't be without them. Dry eye symptoms are up and down. It just happens. But with the tranquileyes I don't have to get up to put gel in more than once a night. Without them, I've either got eyeballs that are stuck to the eyelid, or I've got eyes that are horribly irritated in the morning.

Billye

Comment

other google

well, sorry to input this in this post..but....
          if someone can't have trankileye, can he use swimming google instead?.
          i have read that allergy can develop with swimming google??.....so it is not so good to use them after all?...

and, don't they (whether tranquileye or swimming google) leave a large mark on your face wen u wake up?.......don't u fink in the longrun this temporary mark will be .......develop into a somewhat permanent one...?(for e.g wearing watch for many hours can leave a mark which will stay for a longtime before ever disapearing)...

i have try to sleep wit swimming google and not put it one too tight but still wen i wake up i feel a bit sleepy because i fink it kinda trouble me to sleep well ..i can't turn around on the bed....just need to sleep in one position only.....

but however i do noticed that it make the enclosed area more humid...bcoz my enclosed face is wet wen i wake up...
          If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikastef
            if someone can't have trankileye, can he use swimming google instead?.
            i have read that allergy can develop with swimming google??.....so it is not so good to use them after all?...
            You can... I'd suggest reading this page over at dryeyepain.com especially the blue "caution" boxes about use of swim goggles and the need to remove and wash them frequently, & also talk to your doctor about it.

and, don't they (whether tranquileye or swimming google) leave a large mark on your face wen u wake up?
            Not the tranquileyes.

There are simpler options to try too. I used to use plastic wrap. (This is mentioned on the dryeyepain page too.) And a simple sleep mask works fine for many people.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

No not the tranquileyes

I have slept in tranquileyes for almost three years and have no mark on my face. There is so much padding that they don't put that kind of pressure on your face. They should be tight enough to stay on but not tight enough to put pressure on your eye with the inner pad. And they are light weight.

Due to the weight of the swim type goggles, they must be tighter to stay on and the type of material they are made out of probably would over time leave a mark of some kind on your skin.

Billye

Comment

[QUOTE=Mikastef]

and, don't they (whether tranquileye or swimming google) leave a large mark on your face wen u wake up?.......
                [QUOTE]

Never left a mark on me.

Comment

Angela-you are not doing "anything wrong." I love Tranquileyes and wear them often, although not every night. I'm much more comfortable wearing them than not. Still have to lube, whether wearing them or not. More often when not wearing them.

They do not leave a mark on your face. I use swim goggles every time I swim and can understand how they "do leave a mark." During my early days of dry eye, I used to wear swim goggles in the house at times to try and get some relief. They are terribly uncomfortable and I don't see why (or how) someone could wear them for long. Even while swimming, you need to break the seal every now and again and it's like sucking your eyeball out of your head.

Kudos to anyone who can manage to sleep wearing swim goggles. Ouch.
                  Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
                  X