X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly A Dumb Question About Tranquileyes

Hi all,
    I was very enthused to see that TranquilEyes has helped people on this forum so I ordered some. Now here's my dumb question (and you can all feel free to laugh if you like-) Are you supposed to keep your eyes open or closed while you're using these things? The pads fit up against my eyelids fairly snugly, and I'm afraid if I open my eyes they'll scratch my corneas pretty badly!
    Thanks
    Eli

No questions are dumb

They aren't meant to be used with the eyes open. They are meant to be used when the eyes are closed. Insert drops/gels and then use them. Did you not get the instructions with them?

Billye

Comment

Another Possible Dumb Question

For those of you who use Tranquileyes at night and soak the inner pads, do you press those pads down so that they are flush with the surface that touches the face of the outer pads or do you depress them a little? I ask, because when it appears that they are a little further depressed into the goggle cavity, they do not seem to help me as much as they do when they are flush with the other.

Comment

I make them about flush with the cushions. The higher they are the better for me. For those who need extra bulk to help keep lids closed I think that the bikini is helpful because the bikini (used the normal way around the front of the goggle then tucking all around and over the cushions) raises the moisture pads even higher.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks for the tips, Rebecca. Does the folded fabric on the tini bikini threaten to scratch the eye or does it lay flat? Is it worth it to use the t-b? I kind of like soaking the pads and want that moisture, but, maybe in the future, I will not need to do that and will be able to get by with just something to help keep my lids sealed.

Comment

Working...
          X