This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranquileyes

I recently bought the tranquileyes goggles. They are working very well so far without water on the inserts. I like the inserts because they keep my eyes closed. How often should I clean the inserts considering I am using them dry. I am airing them out every day.

fernellen

Cleaning of Tranquileyes

I'd clean the inserts every day. The manufacturers of Tranquileyes offer a cleaning solution on their website, (you can also use baby shampoo). Then put them somewhere where they can dry easily. I've got a little mesh bag that I put mine in and hang it on a hook so that air can get to all sides.

Billye

Comment

thanks

Billye - since I use the mask dry (so far), I thought I would try something disposable. The cotton circle or square that I typically use with saline for cleaning lids and glands worked well as a liner. Everything was still dark, eyes were still closed. My eyes are still generating enough lubrication overnight as long as I don't open them.

Morning-- Saline clean the little buggies, massage the glands. So far so good. But then it is Monday. Who knows about Tuesday?

Thanks for the tip. Once I start dampening pads that go next to eyes and not disposing them daily, I will definitely use the cleanser.

fernellen

Comment

I checked with Eye Eco. Here's the response:

We suggest people still wash the mask every week
        (consider it like your pillow case) if using every night. In that case, you
        can probably use the same pair for 3-4 months before having to replace out.
        The best barometer is when the adhesive starts to separate.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

thanks again

Thanks Rebecca. As you can tell, I am trying to keep everything as clean and healthy as possible. fernellen

Comment

Glue for inserts??

Looking for a way to glue the inserts in. Or what kind of glue one can use. The coated inserts ore okay it's the foam ones that are the problem. I spent an hour just trying to get the white tape off and destroyed one set and the set I got to stay on is missing some fo the glue. So if someone has an idea for the glue problem I will be all set. Can't do the coated ones at night, don't agree with my skin, have some left but useing during the day with the thermaleyes it's okay. As for the straps I can't stand them and changed one pair to a velcro stretch strap. Must get some more for my other one. Otherwise these things are great.

Comment

I had the same problem with mine. Even if I got them peeled and stuck on, I sometimes got them misaligned and then after readjusting, they would lose their stickiness.

Anyway, it's not a great solution, but I bought some glue in the make-up department of the drug store. It's for sticking on false eyelashes. It's stinky, but the smell goes away after a day or so. It's in a tiny bottle, and I just dip the end of a match in the glue, and spread it on the goggle or the foam.

The good thing is that it doesn't damage the goggle, and once you remove the worn-out foam, you can just rub it off.

The problem I had with the unlined foam is that they deform and squash inwards toward my eyes. The lined ones seem to keep their shape better.

C66

Comment

Glue for inserts??

Thanks, will check that out today. I liked the lined ones but when I get up in the morning it looks like my wife beat me up. It takes about 24 hours for the redness to go away. So will have to stay with the unlined ones.

Comment

Originally posted by woodart
                  I spent an hour just trying to get the white tape off and destroyed one set and the set I got to stay on is missing some fo the glue.
                  I had that happen when re-foaming my goggle once... occasionally it is difficult to get the white strip off. If you bought it from The Dry Eye Shop let us know (phone 877-693-7939 or email service@dryeyecompany.com) and we'll send a replacement set of pads. Just make sure you specify which kind.

The manufacturer does not recommend using any glue with the foam because of the potential for irritating fumes.
                  Rebecca Petris
                  The Dry Eye Foundation
                  dryeyefoundation.org
                  800-484-0244

Comment

Glue

I had thought of calling but looking over both types of pads I could see that this is a problem with a thin part and thought to seek a solution to simplify things rather than making them send me more pads with the same problem. Personally as a non expert I would say the glue cutout could be better made, the thin area seems to be the biggest problem. As for the glue they use I know nothing about what they could do about it. I am happy with the product even with the glue problem and the strap problem. Maybe others like the strap but I could not stand them. Solved that one at least. But thanks for the offer of replacemants.

Comment

My method

I've been using these goggles for several years. When I first started using them I had difficulty getting the pads on right and had a couple of them ruined. But practice and learning how has made this goggle really a life saver for me. I have found that if I lay the goggle on a hard surface with the goggles facing down. Then take the white paper off the new foam and place the foam on the surface of the goggle but don't press down. Then check the alignment, make any corrections, ..then press the foam in place firmly. It stays and is in the correct place.

Billye

Comment

Glue

Finally got some DUO eyelash adhesive. Worked great. Fixed the bad spots and it holds great. No smell at all. I have 2 pairs so one could air out and dry. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                        X