X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquileyes for eye strain

Hi all,

This is my first post but I've been reading this forum for a while. I have mild dry eyes because I wear contacts. My eyes are especially dry when I wake up but they get lubricated within 2 minutes or so. Perhaps I keep my eyes open while asleep. Anyway, when I wake up my eyes are still tired no matter how long I sleep. I'm thinking of trying Tranquileyes to help with eye strain and fatigue.

-Do you think they might help in my case?
    -Do I really need the tranquileyes waters or can I use regular water?
    -Is the tranquileyes warm and cold or just warm?

Thanks,
    Leo

Hi Leo and welcome.
    Originally posted by Leo
    -Do you think they might help in my case?
    Tranquileyes seem to be very helpful in many cases of failure to close the lids completely. A lot of the people I've talked to who do well with them have lagophthalmos from lasik, or even Bell's palsy or blepharoplasty. I use it and I've found it very helpful. Your mileage may vary....

Do I really need the tranquileyes waters or can I use regular water?
    Distilled water is recommended. Personally I often use it dry (I just put drops in my eyes and then put the goggle on).

Is the tranquileyes warm and cold or just warm?
    The goggle itself is neither.

You can get the ThermoEyes heat inserts, and either activate them to produce heat or cool them.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

By the way... Do you use any eye lubricant at night?
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Rebecca,

I don't use any eye drops at night. I do use them in the day though. I like Aquify and Clerz. I tried Soothe but it makes my eyes burn for a couple of hours afterwards. Genteal is the worst one in my case. It makes my vision blurry.

Anyway, if I don't wear contacts then I won't have any of the eye strain and tiredness but wearing glasses isn't an option right now and Lazik is out of the question because I read so many horror stories about it.

Best regards,
        Leo

Comment

Working...
        X