This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye mask question.

Which kind of eye mask do you think would be better? One that applies slight pressure to keep your eyes from blinking as much or one with an open area? I am looking for a more comfortable alternative to tranquil eyes (I'm a side sleeper and usually remove it during sleep). I plan to put in a gel eye drop before sleep and wear a mask.

For side sleeping I think a soft sleep mask (like the kind day-sleepers wear) of good quality would be perfect. It should be big and soft so you can lay on it, with an adjustable strap that you snug down so it doesn't fall off.

I use the cheap ones and they work fine until the strap stretches out. Resist the common practice of putting it up on your head when you want to see, because it'll stretch out the strap.

Charmee

Comment

I always pick up two or three of these soft masks when I find them as they are easily lost, crumpled and that way you'll have a fresh one when you wash the other etc. I have had trouble finding them at different times, so when I find a stash...I grab a couple.
      Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy's goggles

Hey Lucy Lu,
        I love your glasses! Very sofisticated! And as for the soft eye masks, I ran accross one in a catalog you might all be interested in. They don't put pressure on the eyes. http://www.shophometrends.com/product.asp?pn=502613

Billye

Comment

blinking-sleep mask

Kaycen, you mentioned a sleep mask that doesn't allow you to blink. I have a problem that I thought was strange and irrelevant, which is that when I go to rest my eyes, or get ready to sleep and shut them, I often have trouble (since they have been in pain) keeping them shut. They want to pop open. I have a couple of rice bags, but the pressure hurts my eyes. My solution is to sleep on my side with the lower eye pushed in a little bit into the pillow, and the upper eye held with a finger. Do you have the same problem???
          Elaine
          aka "lonely and blinking even when eyes are shut)

Comment

Working...
          X