X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture pads coming loose

Hey guys,
    I am a new tranquileyes user. I have noticed that when I am taking out the blue thermoeyes heat pads after around 45-60 minutes use, they seem to pull a bit of glue out with them. The glue they are pulling out seems to be from the gray moisture pads which keeps them stuck into the goggle. Now these moisture pads have come loose and quite a big section (around 40%) of each pad isn't stuck down and can be easily pulled away from the goggle with no effort.

How can I avoid causing this in the future? And should I switch to the new set of moisture pads straight away (or is the seal not all that important?)

Any tips on keeping the goggles on securely during the night would also be great, because I kept them on the first night I have worn them and every night since I have pulled them off in my sleep!

John

Just getting used to them

John,
    Wearing them is an acquired habit. It just took me some time. It sounds as if you are overheating your thermal pads to me. When you say moisture pads, do you mean the pad that goes around the outside edge that holds the moisture in around the eye?

Billye

Comment

Heya,

Yes that is the moisture pad I'm talking about. The circular dark grey foam that goes all the way around the edge of each eye-piece of the goggle. It is coming loose from glue being pulled away when I remove the blue thermoeyes..

John

Comment

I have noticed the same thing happening when I rinse my Tranquileyes with warm/hot water. The glue is very heat sensitive. I would imagine that selecting an adhesive that could be used near the eyes for long periods required some compromise in performance. John-the seal is very important, however, I have found that if most of the pad remains glued to the goggle, the pressure of it being pulled against your face will take care of the seal. Kind of annoying though, huh?

Comment

Adhesive

I have that happen a lot and use eyelash adhesive to resecure the pads. Someone else here had told me about that and it works great. The adhesive can be removed when it is time for new pads.

Comment

Originally posted by woodart View Post
            I have that happen a lot and use eyelash adhesive to resecure the pads. Someone else here had told me about that and it works great. The adhesive can be removed when it is time for new pads.

Great idea! I've had problems with the pads pulling away from the goggles too, so I'll try that.

Lisa

Comment

Great idea woodart! I too have a problem with the moisture pads coming loose even though I do not use thermoeyes. I will try this asap.

John, I had the problem of not being able to wear my tranquileyes as well. In the beginning, I would not be able to fall asleep with them on. And then when I was finally able to fall asleep wearing the tranquileyes, I would somehow take them off while I was sleeping. But after about 4-5 weeks, I got use to it and I am now able to wear throughout the night. So just stick w/ it John and you'll get use to it =)

Comment

Working...
              X