Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone! This is my first post and I'm hoping you can help. I wore the++

Tranquileyes last night for the first time and didn't have good results. I woke up very dry - my left eyeball was stuck to my eyelid and this never happens when I use ointments. I realize it's recommended to use the goggles for at least a few weeks before giving up but I know I can't go even a week like that without being completely miserable and making my eyes worse. I purchased the goggles since I keep reading on here that the ointments may not be the best for eye health. I also realize that not everything works for everyone, however would like to give these a fair try without hurting my eyes.

I will try them again tonight but am wondering what suggestions you have to make them fit better, which is why I think I woke up dry. (They do not put enough pressure on my eyes.) I have read previous posts where people said they used cotton pads & balls under the foam pads and will try that.

Any other tips or suggestions? TIA!

Hi Alison
    I still need to use drops of a gel type at night with the tranquileyes and I put them in each time I wake up but I have found that having my eyes covered with extra moisture plus my Alcon Poly Gel drops gives me much better mornings and days. The gel type drops are not greasy like the ointments and I get very little residue in the morning.
    Good luck
    Dot
    When the going gets tough - the tough get going!

Comment

i would suggest to use celluvisc + tranquileyes...since celluvisc is free-preservaties ...that works for me . No ointments/gel

Comment

Thank you both for the suggestions - I *really* appreciate it!

I completely forgot to mention that I did use Genteal Gel before bed. I guess I will have to keep experimenting to see what will work best for me.

Comment

Allison, if you think the "pressure" might be too tight against your eyes, leave the small foam pillows out of the Tranquileyes. I'm most comfortable when I have them out. These are the 1/4" or 1/8" oval foam pads I'm speaking of. Perhaps you did this, but you didn't say.
          Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
          X