This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinkeze External Lid Weight for lagophtalmos

Anybody tried the Blinkeze External Lid Weight for lagophtalmos? Their web site is: http://www.fci-ophthalmics.com/exter...id_weights.htm

There have been many mentions of this product on the forum lately so I'd like to make a little distinction here... between lagophthalmos, and nocturnal lagophthalmos.

Nocturnal lagophthalmos is poor lid closure at night, which many of us have in one degree or another. Nocturnal lagophthalmos is often a reason people use Tranquileyes or tape their lids shut. On this forum, usually when we (or at least I...) use the term lagopohthalmos we're usually referring to nocturnal lagophthalmos.

That's different from (not saying unrelated to) lagophthalmos, a condition where people cannot fully blink. Some people get gold or platinum implants in their lids to help them blink.

According to the description, Blinkeze is for lagophthalmos, I don't see any indication that it is intended for or suitable for night use, and I can think of a couple of reasons why it might quite unsuitable for night use - such as coming off and going who knows where, or actually causing the lid to roll backwards (and further open). I could also be wrong. But before anybody here runs out and buys it - or tries to talk their doctor into getting it for them - thinking they can use it at night, I just wanted to make that distinction in case there is any confusion.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X