This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eye masks/tranquileyes

I do not think that sleep w/ my eyes slightly open, nor do my eyes feel driest when I wake up. In fact, my eyes feel fairly ok in the morning and gets worse as the day goes on. I do, however, wake up w/ reddish eyes, even after a full night's sleep. I was wondering if sleeping w/ an eye masks or tranquileyes will do anything for me in terms of redness or daytime comfort. So, has anyone who doesn't have lagophthalmos found eye comfort improvement during the day by sleeping w/ a eye mask at night? Thanks!

I have lagophthalmos, but I didn't realize it for a long time because my eyes felt better in the morning than at any other time during the day. After I read Dr. Latkany's book, I started thinking about it as a possible cause of my then-rampant DES. Lo and behold, I pulled out the invoice from my visit to an optician a couple of months before I read the book and noticed she had written "Lagophthalmos" on a blank line under a long list of conditions. She never said anything to me about it; perhaps she just assumed I knew I had it.

Anyway, I ordered Tranquileyes goggles, and they have been a key part of my recovery. If you're not sure if you will benefit, you can try a less-exensive strategy, such as taping your eyes shut or wearing a less expensive type of goggle to bed first. A couple of weeks ago, I started using one drop of Dwelle in my dry eye before putting on the goggles, and I'd like to write a love letter about the combination of Dwelle and Tranquileyes. Last week, my husband said, "Wow. Your right eye looks normal!" It (almost) feels that way, too.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, I started using one drop of Dwelle in my dry eye before putting on the goggles, and I'd like to write a love letter about the combination of Dwelle and Tranquileyes. Last week, my husband said, "Wow. Your right eye looks normal!" It (almost) feels that way, too.
      Those few words say alot. Terri, you made me laugh with this post, but it might give others the right idea. We all know that not the same things work for everyone, but I think what you wrote could be a short cut to the fix for some.

Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
      X