This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermoeyes

Not sure if this is the right place to post this...or if there have been other posts about this product...however I was looking for as much feedback as possible on this product.

I got these last week with the tranquilleye goggles...

I found both really relaxing and beneficial...HOWEVER

the thermoeyes are NOT resusable as far as I can see.

I have two pairs and you are apparently able to resuse them 100+ times. I havent been able to resuse either even ONCE!

The one time i used them ... it was a really nice experience...however to reuse them you are supposed to place the hardened thermoeyes into boiling water for one minute and then allow to cool for 10 - 15 minutes. However i find that after this time they have not returned to their original gel like liquid state (or even anything like it!)...but remain solid and crystalline and therefore I am unable to reactivate them with the metal insert.

Any advice or feedback?

Thanks

Originally posted by Rory
    to reuse them you are supposed to place the hardened thermoeyes into boiling water for one minute and then allow to cool for 10 - 15 minutes. However i find that after this time they have not returned to their original gel like liquid state (or even anything like it!)...but remain solid and crystalline and therefore I am unable to reactivate them with the metal insert.

Any advice or feedback?
    Sundays are slow but I'm sure you'll get some user replies in the course of the week... there are several people around who use these regularly.

My perspective...

Occasionally it takes more than 1 boiling to return Thermoeyes to their "activateable" state.

A few days ago, I gathered up several stray Thermoeyes we had in the warehouse from some returns last year that we never bothered to send back to the manufacturer. Out of curiosity, I boiled all of them together for about a minute and a half and let them cool. They all returned to their original state except two, which (as you described) remained solid. I haven't yet re-boiled those two but I will today. Last I talked to Eye Eco about thermoeyes, they had literally not had any that they were not able to activate or reactivate, to the best of my recollection, and I trust them about this. When I've had returns, it's mostly been exchanges, and the ones that were returned I was able to get working again just fine (except for the two I just mentioned that I want to try again). So I think the bottom line is that sometimes it just takes a little extra effort. Eye Eco has had a lot of success with Thermoeyes - quite apart from the dry eye crowd these are popular in spas and such. They definitely would not find any takers for a $29 kit as a single-use thing.

If you feel you've truly got duds, of course you can return or exchange them.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca,

Thanks for the reply. The thermoeyes are now working perfectly.

The literature that they came with advised that to reactivate them that you place them in boiling water..... not literally boil them. I was therefore placing them in kettle boiled water for a minute or so.

I think that they should make it clear that you literally have to "boil" the thermoeyes in order to return them to the liquid gel state.....placing in boiled water does not work.

I suppose that I should have tried this before posting here....however I couldnt beleive that you actually have to cook them back into their original condition.

right... i am off for another soothing thermoeye session.

Comment

Hi Rory,

I'll pass the feedback along to the manufacturer about the insert. I put quite a detailed description in the shop about this aspect but of course many users will never see that. I'm not sure I've ever actually read the insert that comes with Thermoeyes but I'll take a look at it. The same phrase can certainly give different people different impressions. Anyway, I'm glad your (now fully cooked) thermoeyes are behaving themselves.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Rory,
          I just finished reactivating my thermoeyes. I always boil them for 5 min. (literally). I bring the water to a boil first, then place the thermoeyes in the pot and set the timer for 5 min. My last ones lasted for 6 mo. before I noticed that they didn't keep their heat as long as before.

Elaine5

Comment

Working...
          X