This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranquileyes query: achey eyes?

I did a search for 'tranquileyes ache' turned a null result. Maybe I searched for the wrong terms, but, I was just wondering...

I really do love my tranquileyes, and my thermoeyes, but it always seems that if I try and use them for any real length of time (essentially, anything beyond 15 minutes), they make my eyes ache underneath them, even if the goggles are at their loosest and I can see light and/or they are so lose they are about to fall off, OR if they're very tight and I cannot see light.

Is this a common occurrence? Is it kinda a goggles learning curve?

(radio silence from me for weeks. >< so much for being chatty)
    Last edited by redshirt; 20-Jan-2008, 00:32. Reason: edited for clarity

I've been using Tranquileyes for starting on three months, and I've never had problems with aching eyes. I wear them for eight or nine hours at night while I sleep. Are you using any eye drops or anything else at the same time?

Comment

Hi, some others have had this, Francesco on here has and he can't use them.

Some people I think use them without the pads, or cut the pads down so they don't press as much but then you're just getting the air barrier benefit - I guess you could though wet the rim foam to try and get some moisture from those...
      just keep swimming...

Comment

Ive been using them nightly for 8 or so hours for the past 2 weeks ... and i only noticed a slight ache one night when they were too tight.

Comment

I agree with Stanza about trying them without the moisture pads just to see if there's some pressure that's causing the aching. It's rare but there certainly are people who can't get comfortable in the goggle.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

I love my Tranquileyes! My left eye is my "goofey eye." Sometimes I can wear the goggles with the foam inserts and it doesn't bother my goofey eye. Other times, I remove the foam pad if it seems to be "pressing" on or bothering that eye. With the pad removed, no pressure, no problem.
            Lucy
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

My very first experience with tranquileyes, was during at time when my eyelids were quite swollen, and my eyes themselves were in the middle of a bit of trauma. My eyelids are a lot more normal now, but back then I could feel the pads themselves pressing too hard, so I took them out and trimmed off about 1/8th of an inch. It eased the ache, but didn't eliminate it.

Lots of other stuff unsaid, one thing I noticed... AFTER my initial use, it didn't seem that the pads themselves were actually causing the ache. It almost seemed like, the actual outer part of the eyemask was causing me issue.

I... think that the rims are restricting bloodflow a wee bit, my skin right around my eyes is quite thin (I'm one of those people who has had dark circles under their eyes since they were born).

I've actually changed out the rims of the pads since this thread opening, and it seems to have abated in ache some. My other pads were not very secure to the goggle from washing. I have eczema/seborreah on my eyelids which requires me to wash my mask daily.

It really seems as though, with new padding, it feels better. I don't know, maybe it's all placebo, but this mask helps me a great deal, and I'd certainly like to use it as often as possible.

It honestly doesn't hurt, when I use it, but it's like, a very very dull and weird ache. I'm not real sure what it is, but it makes wearing the mask for very long quite uncomfortable.

and lastly: I don't normally use the mask with eyedrops, but I tried last night just for the heck of it. It didn't seem to help a whole lot, but I'd had a few beers before bed, and that always makes me dry. :|

Comment

Originally posted by redshirt View Post
                It almost seemed like, the actual outer part of the eyemask was causing me issue....
                It really seems as though, with new padding, it feels better....
                Interesting. Just curious about this - do you use the lined or the unlined foam? While the foam itself is the same in both types (except some goggles are still circulating with the older lighter grey foam type) the unlined foam seems to have a bit more "give".
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

It's the normal, lined style. Who knows, maybe it'll be as simple as switching to the 'sensitive' unlined style to fix this. I know I gotta get myself one of those bikinis ( I've been sacrificing skin care a bit and not moisturizing before bed, in order to wear the tranquileyes), so I guess I can always get a set of the unlined foam while I'm at it.
                  Last edited by redshirt; 23-Jan-2008, 20:56. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                  X