This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions re: Dwelle/ Tranquile Eyes Goggles

I would like to try Dwelle. Is it preservative free in the eye like Genteal? I thought DES people were supposed to stay away from products with preservatives.

I would like to try Tranquileyes, but I wear (and need) corrective glasses to get around comfortably. Anyone have any suggestions? And is there any benefit to wearing the goggles during sleep if I don't have a problem with eye closure? My eyes are ususally best when I wake up and get progressively worse (burning) throughout the day. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Eva

I've become dependant on eye wear at night but I have the opposite problem, my eyes dry out totally at night.
    just keep swimming...

Comment

Originally posted by Eva M View Post
      I would like to try Dwelle. Is it preservative free in the eye like Genteal? I thought DES people were supposed to stay away from products with preservatives.
      Eva: Dwelle is not preservative-free, but it uses a different type of preservative than drops you buy from a pharmacy. I've been using it for about a month now with great success and comfort.

I am preservative-phobic, as you will see if you stumble across some of my earlier posts. After developing severe reactions to the preservatives in drugstore bottled drops, I used preservative-free, single-use vials for more than a year. I thought there was no way I could tolerate a bottled drop, but I got a sample of Dakrina (same preservative as Dwelle) and, lo and behold, no problems.

I'm glad to have found a bottled alternative that works (especially because Dwelle is more effective, by far, than anything else I tried--and I tried everything). My cats used to enjoy punting my single-use vials off the counter and on the floor so my dog could eat them. They're disappointed I switched back.

Terri

Terri

Comment

Originally posted by Eva M View Post
        I would like to try Tranquileyes, but I wear (and need) corrective glasses to get around comfortably. Anyone have any suggestions? And is there any benefit to wearing the goggles during sleep if I don't have a problem with eye closure? My eyes are ususally best when I wake up and get progressively worse (burning) throughout the day. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Eva
        I don't know if you would get a benefit from Tranquileyes or not. Seems as though I have come across some few who do not experience noticeable night dryness but yet who benefitted from using the goggle at night... possibly they were drier than they felt, I don't know. Also, those whose dryness gets worse throughout the day often benefit from a good solid break sometime midway through the day... a brief nap, or a cold or warm compress, or a saline rinse, or a tranquileyes/thermoeyes stint. Better yet a moisture chamber of some kind during at least part of the day may cut down on the burning.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Rebcca

Thanks for your response. I can't describe my eyes are dry; I would describe my discomfort as a burning sensation. My doctor says my "dryness" level is moderate; all that counts is my subjective experience--which is extremely uncomfortable, gets intolerable if I spend any time on the computer and usually worsens as the day goes on. Nothing I do seems to effect the burning quickly enough for me to say it is what's done the trick. I am on everything: all the meds and all the routines. I tried regular swimming goggles and found them unworkable! I haven't tried mositure chambers because I wear glasses and am not sure my particular problem--which could be Primary Sjogren's, although I've come back negative on all the tests--would be addressed. What do you think? Do people with "burning eyes" benefit from moiture chambers? How many hours should they be worn, when, etc. What to do if you can't see through them??? I do appreciate your response and am grateful for all this feedback. This condition is trying my soul and this forum is the only thing that is giving me courage. Eva

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
            I don't know if you would get a benefit from Tranquileyes or not. Seems as though I have come across some few who do not experience noticeable night dryness but yet who benefitted from using the goggle at night... possibly they were drier than they felt, I don't know. Also, those whose dryness gets worse throughout the day often benefit from a good solid break sometime midway through the day... a brief nap, or a cold or warm compress, or a saline rinse, or a tranquileyes/thermoeyes stint. Better yet a moisture chamber of some kind during at least part of the day may cut down on the burning.

For those that do not have dryness at night but who seem to benefit from tranquilleyes.

Could it not be that we are protecting the eyes from night time irritants such as dead skin, dandruff, possibly even bed mites? ...as well as providing that bit more humidity ... all should over time give the eyelids a better chance against inflammation.

Comment

Working...
            X