This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquileyes Question

I have blepharitis and mgd and was wondering if tranquileyes will still work for me. I know that they are really helpful for people whose lids don't fully close, but is there anyone with blepharitis that has had success with tranquileyes? I am not sure if the extra moisture will exacerbate the baterial infection and make my symptoms worse. I guess the best way is just to try it out and see if it works. If anyone has any ideas about this I would like to hear from them. Thanks.

Dave,

I think there are a lot of chronic blepharitis patients who use it and benefit. Tranquileyes has a wide range of applications and also of course so many dry eye patients have multiple conditions - any combination of dryness, blepharitis/MGD, allergies, lid closure issues, corneal dystrophies, etc.

As regards safety, the best move is to talk to your doctor about it and make sure they're comfortable with the idea. Sometimes there are conditions present that make it inadvisable, for example, ingrown eyelashes. Tranquileyes has to be used with careful attention to hygiene including washing out the moisture pads daily to prevent bacteria buildup and it's definitely not appropriate to use if there's any infection going on.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks Rebecca. I have had pretty good success with them so far, but I'll call my doctor next week just to make sure it is safe for me to use them.

Comment

Working...
      X