This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquileyes

Hi. I'm on a roll today with my postings. I'm really thinking of ordering Dwelle and the Tranquileyes Basic Kit. I'm just wanting to make sure the Tranquileyes is really worth the $40.00. Do they REALLY help out? Can someone tell me how they work exactly. I've read the description but thought someone else could summarize. Is the kit the best buy (& easiest)? Does someone prefer another eyewear over these? Thank you.

my experience

i've slept in these goggles for 4 years now and even insisted on them at the hospital the last time I had to go. I use the basic kit. If you do a search you can find lots of info on this goggle. I use them moistened and sleep in them. I am unable to take time to lie down during the day and take breaks with them. But sleeping in them has given me MUCH more comfortable eyes than I had before I started wearing them. I'm sure there will be lots of others to report in on them.

I'm not aware of any others on the market at this time.

Billye

Comment

Hi,

I got the chronic dry-eye kit in mid-December, and I followed all of the instructions and used them wet until late January. I found that my eyes were feeling dried out and that I had to reverse the pads to keep them moistened in the middle of the night. So, with the advice that I got from other users, I started using them dry. They've been great.

Now, I don't know for certain, but I believe that my eye that is prone to erosions does not fully close during sleep. I also am not good at training myself to wake up without opening my eyes. Therefore, they help me a lot to control my lid closure, and that is why they work so well for me.

Good luck,
      Liz

Comment

They help me control lid closure also. My right eye (and possibly my left) does not close completely during sleep, and/or if it does when I first fall asleep, it can open during the night. The pads in the goggles press gently against the surface of my eyelids, which keeps them closed.

Be sure if you use them that you place the pads in the goggles so the surface of the pads is even with the edges. For the first month that I used Tranquileyes, I pressed the pads in too far (the pad was lower than the surrounding foam), which interfered with the goggles' ability to hold my eyelid closed.

Comment

Order them

Thanks everyone. I ordered the basic kit last night plus Dwelle. I thought I'd used that before putting on the goggles. I've really noticed that the flourescent lighting at work is what REALLY bothers me. Around 1:30 every day, my eyes get that watery horrible feeling to where I need to just sit and blink. I'm hoping between Restasis, Dwelle, and these TranquileEyes, that something will start changing for the better.

Comment

Is the kit the best buy (& easiest)? Does someone prefer another eyewear over these? Thank you.
            Investing in some of our dry eye stuff is always a leap of faith. I have Tranquileyes and love them. I've also used the Dwelle, Dakrina and NutraTear since 2001--but that doesn't mean they will work for you. But, in order to try these things, you do have to invest a bit. We've all wasted money on stuff, if you've had dry eyes for long. Much money!!

Like the $12 or $18 bottle of drops you buy and know the second day that they are not to your liking! Certainly there isn't much money to be made for DEZ selling these items. I think we're lucky that the DEZ handles all this merchandise so we don't have to hop all over the internet.

Most people have liked Tranquileyes, I think. Actually it might help everyone in a little different way, depending on the problem. Lucy
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I love my Tranquileyes. I can't bear anything pressing on my eyelid, even gently, so I've done a little modification. I cut the grey inner pads in half, so they're not so thick, and they don't touch my eyelids. If I wet them with warm water before I go to bed, they keep everything nice and humid under there, which is what I need. I know I could just use the white pads that go with the Thermoeyes, but the grey ones seem to hold a bit more water.

My husband is amused when I wake up and push the goggles up onto my forehead. The sky blue ones are especially good for impersonating a four-eyed alien.

Lisa

Comment

Glad you ordered them. I switch mine with a mask, depends on how well I'm going to sleep or something but sometimes one or other will bother me then I just switch them out. Sometimes I add tape which typically does me very well too if I'm having a good tape day.

The tranquileyes definitely are a better fit on the eye....
                just keep swimming...

Comment

Jane Doe,

I totally forgot in my earlier post to you that one of the things I started using during my rut in Dec/Jan was these goggles. I have had them for years, and only tried them a few times (They always used to fall off in the middle of the night, so I gave up on them). Anyway, I decided to give them another try when I was going through a real rough patch, and I am now able to wear them comfortably through the night. I can't say for sure if they are making a big difference, but sometimes I do feel more moisture in my eyes when I wake up after wearing the goggles. I always use Genteal Gel at night, but usually by the morning, it is all dried up. When I wear the goggles, occasionnaly I wake up with my eyes still feeling a bit moist. If you don't mind spending the money, then I think everything is worth a try. I hope you like them! Just make sure you give them a good trial (a few weeks) to determine if they are helping you. Good luck.

-Shells

Comment

Can't sleep with them on

Hi all. Well, I used the tranquileyes for about 5 days straight and slept horribly. I would go to bed at 10:00, putting the Dwelle drops in then the goggles. It would take me 30-45 minutes (or more) to get to sleep then I'd wake up at 12:30. I'd fall asleep again and wake up around 2:00. I ended up taking the goggles off around 2:30am, every night. Afterwards, I'd sleep all night. I have actually quit using the Dwelle and am using the Genteal Gel. Other ointments seem too greasy, even those hours in the morning at work (no matter how much I washed my eyes) and the Dwelle didn't seem to be enough??? I have read another post about someone having dry eyes/burning sensation only later in the day--like myself--& wonder if these goggles will even help that. My MAIN PROBLEM to this day is still the 'watery sensation'. I'm still having anxiety over it and worry myself sick when I have to hold a conversation with someone. I was fine this morning then when family came over to visit, I immediately thought about my eyes which in-turn started watering and I started squinting. SO VERY AGGRAVATING AND EMBARRASSING. I've been on Restasis now for 2 weeks. I think I'm doing better than the beginning but my mind is making me crazy. I've been on anothe website where you can actually ask 3 ophthalomologists questions. They have said to give the Restasis 3-4 months and that it does help with watery eyes. BUT....in another post they told me to go see an actual ophthalmologist since I have only seen an optometrist. Sorry to go on and on and on. I think I need to visit an "anxiety" board.

Comment

Working...
                    X