This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture Goggles

Has anyone ever used moisture goggles to help dry eyes? I was looking at http://www.eyeeco.com/ and the googles on this site seem like they might help. I'd like to hear from someone else that has used them before buying a pair. Can these kind of things be purchased in any stores?

Robert, do a search through this site. There is extensive info on goggles, including Tranquileyes.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Sounds interesting. If you try them let us know about your first hand experience.
      GOGO

Comment

Moisture goggles

Hi Robert,
        I haven't tried them, but recently saw a pair from Adidas that didn't look too dorky, I have been considering getting some, let me know what you come up with, I would be interested to see if you found them to help.

Jo
        Last edited by JoM; 01-Aug-2005, 17:11.

Comment

re http://www.eyeeco.com/

Hi guys again,

Just had a look at these, they sound like they may work??? With postage for me in Australia it is going to cost around $160.00 AUS Dollars, before I take the plunge, I am like Robert, does anyone use them??? Don't want to waste the cash if like a lot of things they don't work.

Thanks
          Jo

Comment

I have not used them, but know someone who has tried them. They did not care for them and do not use them.
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Tranquileyes

I bought them. They are nothing but a very comfy lightweight goggle with some sort of sponge material that you get wet and put in the eye part. I think you can make something of that sort on your own. Buy a lightweight swimming goggle and wet some cotton pads or cut up a sponge.
              Be aware that bacteria can grow on the wet pads, so make sure whatever you use gets dried out between uses, washed, or replaced frequently.

Comment

I had an opportunity to experiment with them. A rep from Tranquileyes was at a tradeshow in Atlanta that Rebecca and I attended last Feb. and was nice enough to give me a pair to try out. I really like them in theory but I must have a big head, a lot of hair, or something. The tie-things on them weren't long enough for me so they were too tight and put too much pressure on my eyes.
                Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Good report on them

I've used them for over a year maybe longer. I love them and cannot sleep without them. Even if you leave the center sponge out for some reason, they protect the eyes from airconditioner vents, ceiling fans, etc. I have a fairly small head and really short hair so the eye area is too big for me. But I think enough of them to take out the nose piece and tie them together at the nose area with a short piece of soft fabric ribbon.

And the company is really trying hard to help Sjogrens patients. It seems to be a "caring" company. I don't get any kickbacks or anything, just love the product.
                  B

Comment

My eyes

[CENTER]My eyes are so dry, I can't even cry. Does anybody have this problem?

Comment

Working...
                    X