Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glue for tranquileyes foam

Hi,

I saw a thread where the use of false eyelash glue was used to glue down the outer foam for tranquileyes. I picked some up today, but didn't read the ingredients until I got home. There is formaldehyde in it! Does anyone know of a glue without that ingredient in it? It sure seems stupid to have something that contains formaldehyde that you would put that close to your eye or anywhere else on your body for that matter.

Thanks!
    dryeyes2

Glue

I only have ingredients for one of the ones I use and it has Water, Cellulose Gum, Dodrcylbenzene-sulfonate, Rubber Latex, Fragrance (Parfum), Ammonium Hydroxide. It is put out by Ardell abd it is called LashGrip Adhesive. URL is www.aiibeauty.com

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, I will see if I can find that brand in my area.

Regards,
      dryeyes2

Comment

That's the brand I bought.

Hi Woodart,

I hadn't even looked at the name of the brand I purchased. I did after I read your recommendation. I had purchased the Ardell brand. Formaldehyde was printed on the box.

Back to the drawing board...

dryeyes2

Comment

Good observation mydryeyes! I use Perma-Lash by andrea. Too bad I threw the box away...

Comment

Adhesive

The one I have does not have Formaldehyde listed. Also I found the other one I use which is called Duo eyelash adhesive but the ingreduents are not on the tube but in looking I noticed it was from the same company. I am pretty sure I got that one from Walgreens, but with my mind I am not positive.

Comment

Thanks Woodart,

I will look into those brands.

Regards,
              dryeyes2

Comment

I've noticed that Ardell makes several different kinds of adhesive. Some do include formaldehyde, but when it is included in the ingredients, it is usually in the fragrance ingredients list, so I'm thinking it must be a tiny quantity.

I bought the Ardell adhesive for individual false lashes on my last trip to the US. It doesn't list formaldehyde at all.

Lisa

Comment

Lisa,

Thanks for passing on the information. I wasn't sure if the individual lash glue would work for the pads. I may give that a try. I just replaced my foam the other day. Hopefully I won't need any glue right away.

Thanks.
                  dryeyes2

Comment

LashGrip

Hi,

I bought a tube of LashGrip at Target.

Ingredients: Water, Cellulose Gum, Sodium, Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Natural Rubber Latex, Perfume Compound, Formalin Solution, Ammonium Hydroxide

May also contain: Iron Oxide

It smells terrible when it is wet, but once it dries, you'd never know it.

--Liz

Comment

Hi Liz56,

I recall from my chemistry classes that formalin is also formaldehyde.

Best wishes,
                      dryeyes2

Comment

Originally posted by dryeyes2 View Post
                        Hi Liz56,

I recall from my chemistry classes that formalin is also formaldehyde.

Best wishes,
                        dryeyes2
                        Thanks, dryeyes2. I was wondering that.

--Liz

Comment

I use fake eyelash glue to attach my tranquileyes for the outer foam. While I do not know the ingredients of the glue, I think I'm starting to notice that when I do use the glue, my eyes feel worse than usual the next day. The inside of my eyelids also get more irritated than usual.

I would not have taken notice to this if not for this thread! Thanks dryeyes2 for bringing this up.

I think it's safe to say that we shouldnt be putting chemicals near our already extremely sensitive eyes for 8 hours a night. I can't believe I hadn't thought about that.

Comment

Just a tidbit

I asked the Tranquileye people about the glue they use. I was assured it has been extensively tested for eye irritation. I'd not want anything close to my eyes that hasn't been tested. I remember formalin from school I think. Didn't they use that in Biology?

Billye

Comment

Yeah, formalin, formaldehyde, paraformaldehyde are very similar compounds that can be very toxic in higher doses. It is used in biology as a fixative for microscopy or histology. I use it at work to fix or freeze live mouse brains in a specific state and it will kill the mouse very quickly. Whenever I use that stuff, the fumes make my eyes water and burn like crazy, even w/ goggles on. I cannot believe I did not check the ingredients of the eyelash glue. Thank god for DEZ!!

Comment

Working...
                              X