X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquileyes foam pulling away?

Hi all,

If you

a) purchased a "Chronic Dry Eye" tranquileyes kit (the one that comes in a plastic tube with two spare foam cushion sets and cleanser) during the last couple of months and

b) did NOT receive my recent mass email about it,

Please note:

If you have had any problems with the foam not adhering properly to the goggle - e.g if it came detached within the first days/weeks - please call or email our office so that we can send you free replacement sets of the foam.

Unfortunately there was a small "batch" with defective adhesive. What we're doing is sending out two full spare sets of foam to anyone who has experienced this. I am really, really sorry for the inconvenience. My biggest concern has been that not everyone realizes that the foam is MEANT to be replaced (apprx. every two months), and so some people are just thinking the goggle fell apart and they stop using it, when they could be benefitting....

Please let us know if you're having foam problems so we can help!!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Hi Rebecca? What about the spare foam cushions that are bought separately? I bought replacement sets within the last two months, and they foam pulls away from my tranquileyes after 1 day of use.
    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by odydnas View Post
      Hi Rebecca? What about the spare foam cushions that are bought separately? I bought replacement sets within the last two months, and they foam pulls away from my tranquileyes after 1 day of use.
      Thanks!
      Yikes! Same applies, for sure.

I'm going to make a separate post in the night eyewear section about care & usage of Tranquileyes foam including instructions for replacing the foam.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca,

Thanks for adding that! I bought spares in the last couple of months, but thought that the message just applied to the kits. I was just about to replace them this week, so should I try it and see if it does not work or just send them back?

--Liz

Comment

I would definitely try them first. It's only a small percentage of the foam (whether on the goggles or off) that seems to have the problem, and so far as I've been able to tell the problem ones are mostly unlined foam on the goggles in 'chronic dry eye' kits.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

My Tranquileyes lead a tough life - lots of travel, being dried with a hairdryer occasionally, soggy usage conditions - and I put the loss of adhesion down to that. I have been using false eyelash adhesive to give the foam pads new life, and it works very well.

Lisa

Comment

Working...
            X