This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Mositure Glasses?

At night I use a humidifier but my eyes are so dry. What glasses do I get for night time during sleep?Are these safe to use every night? I wondered if the eyes need to breath or is this not correct? Has anyone seen great benefit?Thanks

Many of us use Tranquileyes to sleep with at night. It's a comfortable, flexible goggle with foam that you soak in water and keeps the area around your eyes humid. You cannot see through the goggle, so your eyes will have to be closed. I find that when I wear tranquileyes at night, my eyes are more moist when I wake up, so it makes it easier to tackle the day. There is plenty of info about tranquileyes on this board, as well as on the dry eye shop. Good luck!

Comment

Here's a list of nighttime eye protection methods you might find helpful.

Comment

Thank you. I just got them but I am not sure if I like them. It sort of bothers me to have it resting on my eye is it is so sore. I am going to try though to adjust or use in limited time.Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by GinaJ View Post
          It sort of bothers me to have it resting on my eye is it is so sore.
          Try it without the moisture pad. You'll still get the benefit of physical barrier and some moisture retention.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you. I just got them but I am not sure if I like them. It sort of bothers me to have it resting on my eye is it is so sore. I am going to try though to adjust or use in limited time.Thanks for the help
            Try it without the moisture pad. You'll still get the benefit of physical barrier and some moisture retention.
            Hi Gina-as Rebecca said, try it without the pad. I have an eye that bothers me with pressure, too. I always leave the foam pad off that eye. Sometimes if the eye is extra tender, I take out the foam too. My eye is still covered by the goggle.....and nothing is touching my eye. True, the eye is not held shut, but when you have the mask on, the tendency is to close your eyes anyhow. I love my Tranquiles. Lucy

P.S. I have a sister named Gina.
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Hi. Thanks. I will try that cause I need something. Funny about the same name. It used to be less common but now I hear it more. I wish they would come up with something that is similar to this google but like an eye steamer. I don't know if that would be safe but my eyes feel the best when I am in the shower and these goggles don't steam as much as I would like.

Comment

Working...
              X