This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping eyes shut at night

What product is right for this? I was surfing through the on-line store here at masks and tranquileyes, but I couldn't find anything that specifically addressed this in the description. I sleep on my side and I'm pretty sure that whichever side is down, the pillow often "pries" open the lid and that eye is dried out in the morning. I'd like maybe a simple mask or something if that will do the trick. Thanks.

Mastiff, I'd say go for Tranquileyes. Many of us use it and love it. It's not for everybody, but you have to start somewhere. If you don't want to invest in Tranquileyes, you can go to the drug store and buy a sleep mask for about $5.00 and it does a pretty good job of keeping your eyes closed. You can find them at Walgreens and other drug stores. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I know some people tape their eyes shut at night, and there is tape for sale through the dryeye store.

I found the the feeling of being taped just to wierd so went with the night time googles instead. Also a humidifier helps. I read somewhere that a humidy level of 50% works well to help.

B

Comment

I personally could not stand the tranquileyes becuase i am side sleeper. They don't stay put. But I do have success with a simple sleep mask. Good luck!

Comment

Like Lucy, Tranquileyes work for me. However, they work best when I sleep on my back. They have a way of working their way off sometimes when I sleep on my side. So, B's recommendation about taping is what I would suggest to start. I tried it and did not like it, but I used the tape to patch my eye with a pad used as well. That worked great for sleeping in any position that you like.

Comment

I am an "all over" sleeper, back, stomach, side....covers over my head and only once did my Tranquileyes come off. Maybe I have a "sticky" head.

I have taped my eyes shut at different times, but the tape always left me with a red spot where I removed the tape. Still good for a simple solution!
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
            X