Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dry eyes worse when sleep with fan on.. lagophthalmos?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dry eyes worse when sleep with fan on.. lagophthalmos?

hello all,

so i've noticed a connection. ever since i was little i used to pretty much always sleep with the fan on, even when it was cold. after i spent all summer sleeping with it on, i got used to the noise and needed it to fall asleep. anyway, i stopped using it for awhile months ago. but now this summer and lately i've been using it a lot because it's been really hot where i live and i have no air conditioning. anyway, overall the last months, i have noticed my eyes don't bother me as much during the day and esp during the night. but when i use the fan, i wake up in the middle of the night and they feel dry--not as bad as about a year ago, but def dry. the last few months when i haven't been using the fan, my eyes don't really feel that dry in the middle of the night anymore.

has anyone experienced something similiar? i think i'm going to buy some tranquileyes and see waht happens when i leave the fan on. i may have just discovered i am lagophthalmos! one doc out of like seven that i have seen told me this, but i didn't really believe him he seemed to be off a lot on the other things he was saying. thanks all

Originally posted by cereallover View Post
    has anyone experienced something similiar? i think i'm going to buy some tranquileyes and see waht happens when i leave the fan on. i may have just discovered i am lagophthalmos! one doc out of like seven that i have seen told me this, but i didn't really believe him he seemed to be off a lot on the other things he was saying. thanks all
    Hello,
    if your doctor examined you with a fluorescent eye dye and a proper lamp, there is a particular erosion pattern that suggests lagophthalmo. I know because I have it.

Do you know the cause of it? Where you taught the exercises to strengthen your orbicular muscles? Do you also have incomplete blinking reflex?

I need to sleep with my eyes moist and shut. If I do it I can keep fans, A/C or heating up as much as I want.

Rosanna

Comment

Working...
    X