This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TranquilEyes and ThermoEyes

Rebecca and any other users, I was wondering if you had a similar experience with ThermoEyes.

After using Thermoeyes for the first time, I followed the instruction and placed it in continuous boiling water until it became liquid again, then I letted it to cool and after a few minutes the liquid form morphed back into a stiff rigid crystalize form. I waited about an hour and even longer, and nothing has changed. This happened again and again, after I placed it in boiling water again. I even tried to snap the steel disk to activate it again, which after repeatedly adamant snaping with force eventually activated it again- but even that didn't solve the problem. Not to mention that after the activation as I described above it doesn't get warm enough as it was when I activated it in the initial time. And also in the initial time, I didn't find the heat level sufficient and heat level wasn't sustainable. Naturally, I was very disappointed. It's much more useful to simply soak the foam in boiling water to get a warm feeling.

I had the impression that it suppose to transform back into its liquid form in order to be ready to reuse, since it's not practical and very hard to to snap stainless the steel disc in that form.

I was wondering if any of you guys had a similar experience, or maybe my Thermoeyes are defective.

Sounds defective. If you got it from the shop please send an email and I'll replace it. I very rarely run across that but it has happened a few times. Most often if it does not liquefy on boiling the first time, it will eventually if you boil it again. I've actually been rather impressed with the longevity of the thermoeyes. The boiling hassle factor is too much for me personally but if I didn't have a microwave I'd probably get used to it.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
      Sounds defective. If you got it from the shop please send an email and I'll replace it. I very rarely run across that but it has happened a few times. Most often if it does not liquefy on boiling the first time, it will eventually if you boil it again. I've actually been rather impressed with the longevity of the thermoeyes. The boiling hassle factor is too much for me personally but if I didn't have a microwave I'd probably get used to it.

I appreciate your promt respond. When I place it in boiling water it does liquefy, but after I take it out of the boiling water and let it cool it crystalize in the room temperature without generating any heat, any it remain in the crystal form. I was under the impression it should remain liquid after it cool down and be ready of the next use, and crystalize only when snapping the steel disc back and forth, while producing heat.

Also one of them doesn't fully liquefy in boiling water as you mentioned above.

many thanks!
      Last edited by HOSADOS; 12-Nov-2008, 09:16.

Comment

Working...
      X