This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with dry eyes at night.

Ever since last April when I was placed on a CPAP machine for severe sleep apnea I have had trouble with my eyes. I use a full face mask with the machine. During this time I have had 5 cornea abrasions and wake up nightly feeling severe pain in my eyes. My eyes will also be "stuck" together which does not help and increases the pain. I have used all gels, drops, etc. and even have my tear ducts plugged. Lately I have been sleeping with an eye patch over each eye and keep a wet wash cloth by the bed, but there has got to be a more effective method out there somewhere.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Jason

Welcome to the forum.

Have you considered using a gel like product such as Gentel Gel. You put this in of a night before you go to sleep and reapply if you awake during the night.

I have suffered RCE's (Recurrent Corneal Erosion) or abrasions after laser eye surgery and started out by using Genteal Gel and Tranquil Eyes (but I'm guessing another mask on during the night is the last thing you would need).

Now I use Clinitas Ultra 3 - a UK product that is simply the US product Freshkote rebadged. I find it has been great dealing with my abrasions.

I wish you well. Any questions, just ask.

Ian

Comment

Hi,

Have you thought about using the tranquileyes that are for sale in the Dry Eye Store.

I find the Genteal Gel great for nights, it was the only thing that got me through the night after 3 months of post Lasik night time pain.

I also use a humidifier in my room at night.

Bernadette

Comment

One of these days I need to start keeping records about which sleep masks/goggles fit with which CPAP machines.... I know some people who can use Tranquileyes with their cpap, some who can't but can use a sleep mask, and some who can't use either. I'd certainly start experimenting with better eyewear though. Another thing you can do: Cut squares of saran wrap and place them under the eye patches. Put something like Genteal Gel or Dwelle in your eyes, then put the patches with the plastic wrap on and it should keep more moisture for longer.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

My husband uses a CPAP at night. I wear Tranquileyes. I often imagine if a burglar broke in during the night and saw us, he's probably leave in fright.

I will see how my TE fits with his full face mask. I know he'll love this.
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
          X