This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Tranquileyes outer pads

I just got Tranquileyes, and I think it's helping me. But the first time I tried to clean the outer pads, I soaped the up with the cleaner that was provided in the kit, and rinsed it out under warm water - and they came unglued! Luckily, the kit came with two other pairs, so I could replace it. But I don't see how you can use soap to clean the outer pads and rinse it sufficiently without dissolving the glue. I have sensitive skin and sensitive eyes, and I don't want soap residue left in the pads.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I don't know what the manufacturer recommends, but I rarely wash the outer pads. I don't use the inner pads at all, so there isn't any extra moisture, and they don't get dirty. This might sound unsanitary, but I haven't had any problems.

The other alternative is to cover the pads with the "Tini Bikini" removeable cover, available in the Dry Eye Shop here. Look in the TranquilEyes section, near the bottom of the list.

That's probably the best solution for you.

C

Comment

Also, there are some discussions around here about using false-eyelash adhesive and some good recommendations for brands. I have tried that to fix the gaps caused by cleaning, and it works well. I was afraid that if I used glue, it would be hard to remove for when I replaced the pads, but it was not a problem at all.

--Liz

Comment

Thank you!

Thanks very much for your suggestions. Sounds like the only real way to clean the outer pads is to do what I did (soap them up and rinse in warm water), and then to reattach them with the eyelash glue. Or just not wash them, although I think washing them every once in a while is probably a good idea for hygiene. If anyone has any other tricks about washing the outer pads, please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X