Tranquileyes and pillows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquileyes and pillows

I decided to start a thread on this because I've had a few questions about it lately and... I have no clue what the answers are... so if others have information or opinions perhaps you could share them here.

Does anyone have thoughts or info about what kinds of pillows work well, or not well, or not at all when wearing Tranquileyes goggles, particularly while sleeping on your side?

Or to put it another way... anyone using special types of pillows that found the goggle does, or does not, work OK for them?

Thanks all.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

I don't have the answer, but I'm really glad you asked the question! I have the same problem -- when lying on my side the Tranquileyes goggles push over a bit and are uncomfortable.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I found a "solution"... I mean it might not be the best but it kind of work for me.

I use a travel pillow laying flat on top of my regular pillow, with the open end of it turned sideways. For example, I sleep on my left side, so the pillow is on the 3 o'clock position. If you sleep on the right side you want to put the open end of the pillow on the 9 o'clock position.

So far it is the best I've been able to come up with

Comment

I have similar problems when I sleep on my side. Some nights are really difficult and I end up taking them off and putting extra Dwelle in my eyes. I sleep with 2 flat pillows when on I am on my side. I try to shove the pillow away from where the Tranquileyes are, but that does not always solve the problem.

Best wishes,
        dryeyes2

Comment

What a good question.

I try and sleep on my back but cannot always do it, so I wind up on my side. I use two cheap Martha Stewart polyfil pillows from K-mart. They are the ones withe the thick strip around the outside, so they are not sewn like two sheets of fabric but rather three, a top, sides, and the bottom. When I wind up on my side, the goggle stay on. The pillow has a lot of "give," and it often goes on sale in a buy one, get one half off kind of deal.

When I consciously sleep on my side, I tend to position my head so that it is not exactly hitting on the side but rather on or behind the ear. That seems to help, too.

--Liz

Comment

good question

I use a down pillow that is medium density. When I'm on my side it can be pushed and poked until I get it mostly under the back side of my face. I sometimes tuck the rubber part of the goggle under my cheek a little more toward the back and then roll my cheek flat. And if I happen to turn on my back, the down compresses enough to flatten out. Not sure how it all manages to work out but it does. I tried many types of pillow before I started using this and this just works best for me.

Billye

Comment

I too have down pillows, I find I can mould them and I don't actually have problems once I'm used to the night time eyewear (I use a mask or tranquileyes, my mask is a little 'bulky').

My tip would be: I actually only ever use one pillow and I think this helps as my head isn't raised in an awkward angle - which I believe makes it easier to mould the pillow around the eyewear. It's easy to get used to one pillow and think it's better for the neck too
              just keep swimming...

Comment

I too use a down pillow to sleep on (a very soft one that I can scrunch just right under my cheek so the goggle is not resting on the pillow). I then take a more firm, non-down pillow (cheap one from Wal-Mart) and lay it at a right angle under the covers just up to the corner of the down one so I can push my body up against the second one and drape an arm over top of it. The second pillow provides the right balance to also help keep pressure off the goggle. I've been sleeping very comfortably like this for almost 2 years now (with a little help from Melatonin and a muscle relaxant)......but the pillow arrangement is quite comfortable with the goggles.

Comment

I use a tempurpedic pillow and can sleep on my side with out any problems. I use the one that is designed for those that sleep on the back. These pillows are expensive though!! It has a bump that forms to your neck and then the rest of the surface is flat.

Comment

Working...
                  X