X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My situation - Tranquil eyes googles

Hello everyone.

I did a quick search but I had a hard time finding a similar posting. If this is a repost please redirect me to the proper thread.

Here is my history:
    -Chronic blepharitis and lagopthalmos.
    -I'm not sure about the proper terminology but I do get build up on the inside corner of my eyes sometimes. Not infectious build up (according to my eye doctor)
    -other symptoms: watery eyes when exposed to winds or air blowing on my eyes, blurred vision due to dry eyes (eyes were tested at 20/20 a couple months ago), severely dry inner (proximal) eyelids

All I had to do was wash my eye lids with a gentle cleanser (used cetaphil) twice daily (morning and night) and also apply a gel (liposic) at night and some systane during the day. on some days my eye lids were very dry and I had to use vaseline on them (comments on vaseline would be appreciated. I didn't know what else to use)

Recently, my eyes have been getting worse. I have pain some days, and very inconsistent vision. It came on slowly but now it is really annoying me.

I thought I would step up the treatment and bought the tranquil eyes googles to use in addition to the gel and systane. My first question to the forum is does anyone find that their eyes are blurry after taking the googles off in the morning? I really have to blink a lot or go wash my eyes to get rid of the feeling and sight changes.

I have also been using them for two weeks and have not noticed any change at all in my vision or dry eye symptoms. I follow the directions carefully for washing, etc.

I don't know where to take things from here. Is two weeks not enough? Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Hi,

When I wear the goggles and they are snug, I do notice a little blurriness. It eventually goes away, however.

--Liz

Comment

Liposic

A word of warning about Liposic ... back in November last year when I was going through a really bad spot, it came to my attention that the preservative in Liposic is one of the bad ones that us dry-eye suffers should be staying away from. Sorry, I can't remember the name of it but it rated just under BAK for toxicity. I'd been a long time (2 yr) user of liposic as part of bedtime routine, but after I became aware of the potential issue, I changed to Gen Teal gel (the one that's in the tube, not the bottle).

I've been almost symptom free since mid January -- not sure whether it was stopping the liposic that turned it around for me, but it probably contributed.

Good luck

Comment

[QUOTE=Justpeachythx;39137]A word of warning about Liposic ... back in November last year when I was going through a really bad spot, it came to my attention that the preservative in Liposic is one of the bad ones that us dry-eye suffers should be staying away from. Sorry, I can't remember the name of it but it rated just under BAK for toxicity. I'd been a long time (2 yr) user of liposic as part of bedtime routine, but after I became aware of the potential issue, I changed to Gen Teal gel (the one that's in the tube, not the bottle).

I've been almost symptom free since mid January -- not sure whether it was stopping the liposic that turned it around for me, but it probably contributed.

Good luck[/QUOTE
        thats interesting when I go through a bad spurt. I was doubling up on the amount of liposoic that I use but it didnt seem to help. maybe I was just prolonging the suffering.

my md prefers that I use the genteal as well so maybe I'll switch.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by liz56 View Post
          Hi,

When I wear the goggles and they are snug, I do notice a little blurriness. It eventually goes away, however.

--Liz
          it does go away for me as well. I wasn't sure if it should happen at all. my sister uses the same googles and told me she never had blurriness so I was a little worried.

Comment

Working...
          X