This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goggles - a new problem

I have been using the goggles to sleep, and finally have them feeling comfortable for an entire night. I've had two good night's sleep in a row.

However, now I'm experiencing something new -- Last night the goggles made my nose itch horribly. It was the sides (which are close to the foam edge of the eyepiece.) Has anyone ever had this happen? Could I be developing an allergy?

googles

I tried the googles a few years as well but had no success, I just could not get comfortable with them and keep them in place while sleeping

I did not get any itchness but maybe you do have an allergy to the foam.
    Maybe you can just wipe some baby powder on your nose before putting on the googles to prevent them from rubbing on your skin...just a thought

Comment

Maybe an allergy to the foam? Try the powder--or maybe a little piece of Saran wrap over your nose UNDER the goggles. Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

contact dermatitis to Tranquileyes (TE)

You could be developing an allergy. I used TE almost every night for several months w/o any problems. Then one fine day in December I woke up with a huge red ring around my eyes. It got scaly and sore and was spreading like wildfire. I was concerned I had periocular dermatitis (a bacterial infection) b/c I've had perioral dermatitis (same thing, but around your mouth) 3 times before. I didn't want a raging bacterial infection near my eye so I hurried up and called my doctor and got a prescription for doxycycline.

About a week after the dermatitis had healed I tried the TE again. I woke up with the beginnings of the red rash again. Thought maybe the skin hadn't completely healed yet and I had irritated it with the moisture.

Waited over a month to try them again. First morning - red rash is back! At this point it clicked. It wasn't periocular dermatitis all along, it was CONTACT dermatitis. I had developed an allergy to the foam. For me it took months, but you can develop an allergy at any time. Once this clicked in my head I was not surprised b/c I am also allergic to bandaide adhesive.

My solution was to wrap the TE in the Tini-Bikini. I put it on "backwards" so that the fabric is covering the foam. I still wet the inner foam, but barely squeeze it out so it's almost sopping wet, that way it's wet enough to soak through the bikini and provide the moisture I need.

Good luck!

Comment

That's a great suggestion, Willwork4tears! I love the tiny bikini, used in the way that you indicate, because it makes regular cleaning much easier.

--Liz

Comment

Working...
          X