Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tranquileyes not working! What else can I try?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquileyes not working! What else can I try?

The majority of my dry eye syndrome occurs when I am sleeping. Every night I put in a drop of genteal gel and then I put on my Tranquileyes. Well I go to bed at 11:00 and I am awake by 2:00 am with eyes as dry as marbles. I then take the tranquileys off (because they are not working) and wake up about every 2 hours to instill drops for relief. (I am currently using Soothe xp) I then of course have to put in drops as soon as I wake in the morning and my eyes are extremely uncomfortable and red for about an hour after I wake. What am I doing wrong? I sleep without the inserts and I sleep with them dry. Could that be the problem? Also, I cannot get the stupid foam things to stay stuck to the main part.

Has anyone found a way to sleep through the entire night yet without waking up to marbles for eyes?

Hi, Leesaw73.

You may want to try the Tranquileyes dry and with the inserts. For me, it helps to keep the lids closed. If that does not help, you might want to try spraying them with a mist of distilled water. When I tried using them moist with water, it was the wrong kind of moisture for me. I think that my eyes lack the ability to produce enough oil, so wetness does not matter as much as retaining what oil I have.

Just experiment; it takes a while to find the right routine for your combination of concerns and causes.

One more thing, when you awaken and your eyes feel dry, do you reapply the Genteal Gel? I did that for months (woke up a couple times each night to reapply the gel), and, now I can make it through the night.

Let us know if any changes you try help.

--Liz

Comment

Thanks Liz! Last night I used cling wrap and it worked really good. I didn't wake up until 3:00 am and I took them off and put in more genteal and lasted till morning. For some reason I cannot sleep the whole night with something over my eyes, weather it be tranquileyes or cling wrap. I have to remove whatever it is I have over my eyes halfway through the night because I feel like I am suffocating or something.

Comment

Working...
      X