• Show
Clear All

• SharonS
    commented on 's reply
    Hi waterbee, what fish oil do you use? Xx

• waterbee
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by redeyesat50 View Post
    I've definitely seen improvement since starting the IPL treatments. My only complaint is that my eyes still get dry at night. Although, they felt great the next morning after the IPL treatment. The doctor said the first IPL treatment has the greatest impact, then the others are to ensure long lasting results. My 4th IPL is scheduled in 2 weeks. My eyes and the skin around my eyes are not as red as they once were and I'm not using eye drops every hour. During the day, my eyes don't burn or feel tired and gritty. He said the oil is much thinner when he expresses it.

Tonight, I'm going to try to start using Press and Seal on my eyes. I don't like to sleep in a mask. The red veins are still in the whites of my eyes, but my overall eye is not pink/red. He said there may be something he can do for the red veins once the IPL treatments are over. Not sure what he has on mind.

If you have any suggestions as night, please let me know.
    So pleased things are working out for you. My lipoflow wore off after a few months but my eyes have gotten steadily better now since using a new high dose fish oil so thankfully the constant stinging has gone from both eyes, long story short I don't notice any difference between the lipoflow eye (only had one done) and the non lipoflow eye any more. I still plan to ipl in future but it's on the back burner for now.
    Do you happen to know if ipl helps with bleph? If love to know. Thanks again for updating us.

• redeyesat50
    commented on 's reply
    I've definitely seen improvement since starting the IPL treatments. My only complaint is that my eyes still get dry at night. Although, they felt great the next morning after the IPL treatment. The doctor said the first IPL treatment has the greatest impact, then the others are to ensure long lasting results. My 4th IPL is scheduled in 2 weeks. My eyes and the skin around my eyes are not as red as they once were and I'm not using eye drops every hour. During the day, my eyes don't burn or feel tired and gritty. He said the oil is much thinner when he expresses it.

Tonight, I'm going to try to start using Press and Seal on my eyes. I don't like to sleep in a mask. The red veins are still in the whites of my eyes, but my overall eye is not pink/red. He said there may be something he can do for the red veins once the IPL treatments are over. Not sure what he has on mind.

If you have any suggestions as night, please let me know.

• dominorose
    commented on 's reply
    My 3rd treatment is in 2 weeks. The inside corners of my eyes are no longer red and overall my eyes feel less dry. They still get dry during the night. I wonder if it would help if I drank more water and ate less salt.

Any update?

• carocross
    commented on 's reply
    Very informative!! This explains why some love Lipiflow and some get nothing from it. I recently had this done by ophthalmologist in Durham, NC. Nothing really explained. Very expensive. The doc is medical advisor to company that provides Lipiflow. Wish I could print both threads. Thank you so much for taking the time to write all this.

• redeyesat50
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by waterbee View Post
    How's it going now? 3rd treatment yet?
    My 3rd treatment is in 2 weeks. The inside corners of my eyes are no longer red and overall my eyes feel less dry. They still get dry during the night. I wonder if it would help if I drank more water and ate less salt.

• waterbee
    commented on 's reply
    I had my 2nd IPL yesterday and my eyes weren't near as red afterwards. The expression of the oil glands was also less painful. During the first expression (during the first IPL treatment) my oil was like toothpaste. This time it was thinner. Dr. Toyos said that after a few more times, the oil will be the consistency of olive oil. During this past month (after the 1st treatment), my eyes have not been as red. The inside corners of my eyes were red all the time; they haven't been red at all this month (they are flesh colored). I still have the little red veins and my eyes are still dry at night while sleeping. Hopefully, those things will start improving soon. I'm using Systane Balance, but it doesn't last all night.
    How's it going now? 3rd treatment yet?

• redeyesat50
    commented on 's reply
    IPL for dry eyes - locations

Originally posted by Yoyobee View Post
    Ok, just looked up IPL. Is it done in the U.S. Anywhere that you know of? I'm in Northern California. Thanks!
    Dr Toyos has trained doctors all over the country. You may can call or email the office to get a list of doctors in your area that he recommends. Dr. Toyos is also on Twitter.
    http://www.toyosclinic.com/procedure...m-ipl-dry-eyes

The following doctor's website has it listed. His office is in Sacramento.
    http://www.liangvision.com/sacrament...or-dry-eye.htm

IPL has taken away all the bacterial infection and my eyes feel much better. I go back for my third treatment the first week in August. Good luck to you.

• Yoyobee
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, just looked up IPL. Is it done in the U.S. Anywhere that you know of? I'm in Northern California. Thanks!

• Yoyobee
    commented on 's reply
    I would also vote no on the Lipiflow. I don't seem to produce enough oil. What is IPL?

• redeyesat50
    commented on 's reply
    I asked the doctor about MG probing and he said that was real popular years ago until they discovered it was just pushing the thick oil further into the glands. It didn't help get rid of the compressed oil. Also, there is a risk of scaring which would make matters much worse. He did not recommend MG probing.

• redeyesat50
    commented on 's reply
    I had my 2nd IPL yesterday and my eyes weren't near as red afterwards. The expression of the oil glands was also less painful. During the first expression (during the first IPL treatment) my oil was like toothpaste. This time it was thinner. Dr. Toyos said that after a few more times, the oil will be the consistency of olive oil. During this past month (after the 1st treatment), my eyes have not been as red. The inside corners of my eyes were red all the time; they haven't been red at all this month (they are flesh colored). I still have the little red veins and my eyes are still dry at night while sleeping. Hopefully, those things will start improving soon. I'm using Systane Balance, but it doesn't last all night.

• redeyesat50
    commented on 's reply
    Lipiflow did not work for me. A huge waste of money. I've seen improvement with IPL. So far, I've had 2 treatments. My eyes feel and look much better. I will continue with IPL until my oil is thin like olive oil.

• redeyesat50
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by SharonS View Post
    Hi, I had Lipiflow done in May and have seen no improvement at all in my symptoms. In fact, my optometrist checked my eyes last week and said she was struggling to get oil out of my glands despite being told that most of my glands were open after treatment. However, I must admit that I wasn't surprised by the outcome as the opthalmologist who performed Lipiflow advised that I shouldn't proceed with it as my glands seemed to be producing enough oil and that I was unlikely to see an improvement. So it was my choice as I was feeling desperate and not the doctor who was lovely.
    Considering IPL now!
    I too felt desperate until I discovered Lipiflow. I had my 2nd IPL yesterday and the oil in my glands was already thinner than the first time. It was toothpaste the first time. The doctor said that after a few more treatments, my oil will be live olive oil. My eyes weren't near as red and it didn't hurt as much during the expression this time. The two best things I've noticed about IPL are that the inside corners of my eyes are no longer red, and my eyes don't feel dry all the time. Instead, they feel normal, which is great. The only time they feel dry is when I wake up in the morning. I don't think I'm sleeping with my eyes open, since putting saran wrap on them (press and seal) to keep them closed made zero difference. I still don't have a perfect remedy for nighttime. I use Systane Balance drops, but they don't last all night.

My husband is frustrated with the wasted money on Lipiflow and wants me to contact the doctor who performed Lipliflow to ask for a refund. If Lipiflow had anytime of guarantee, I would have requested a refund. But they don't, so no refund is coming. Just a hard lesson learned.

• SharonS
    commented on 's reply
    Hi, I had Lipiflow done in May and have seen no improvement at all in my symptoms. In fact, my optometrist checked my eyes last week and said she was struggling to get oil out of my glands despite being told that most of my glands were open after treatment. However, I must admit that I wasn't surprised by the outcome as the opthalmologist who performed Lipiflow advised that I shouldn't proceed with it as my glands seemed to be producing enough oil and that I was unlikely to see an improvement. So it was my choice as I was feeling desperate and not the doctor who was lovely.
    Considering IPL now!
Working...
X