No announcement yet.

Storm - MGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an update. Well the winter didn't go as well as I had expected. Because I had plugs and the Lipiview results were much improved I had hoped for a better winter. That didn't happen. Eyes seems as sore as ever. In February the doctor put in plugs in the uppers which usually helps patients; but for me it caused burning on top of the soreness. I couldn't wait for the plugs to disolve.

In May the doctor gave me Hylo drops to try. They did really help me. Since then I have not had to use Lotemax and the state of the eye is better. Through the summer I use drops about every 40-120 minutes. I still struggle with sore eyes. I found that the Hylo Gel also really he;ps. I did find that it didn't help to use the Hylo drops more than the recommended 3 times a day. I would like to try the Hylo Forte; but it is not available in Canada.

Comment

I am sorry your treatment didn't help as much as you had hoped. I have been thinking about having lipiflow done as well. Do you use goggles? I have found that I must wear them all of the time. Occasionally it is humid outside with no wind, and I am able to go without. Generally, I feel better outside than indoors. Best wishes to you. Thanks for posting your results.

Comment

Here is an update.

I still struggle to keep my eyes from hurting. Winters are terrible. I cannot work at the office because of the low humidity. In the winter I can hardly even go shopping.

I started using Hylo drops about a year ago and they are great. It soothes the eyes somewhat. I also use the Hylo Gel at night and Hylo Forte if my eyes are are really hurting and I have to go out. I found that I could only use the drops 3 times a day. Any more then there was a negative side effect.

Its a new drop that came to Canada starting last summer (2013). They are made by Candor Vision. If you live in Canada, you can order them from Shoppers Drug Mart. They are not prescription. I would recommend it for anyone with dry eyes. It improves that state of the eyes.

I stopped restasis about 3 weeks ago and my eyes feel better. I had used restatis for 2.5 years.

Comment

Hi Storm...I also have been taking restasis for a long time and don't know if it's doing much good anymore. It worked great for a few years. Why did you stop?
          Originally posted by Storm View Post
          Here is an update.

I still struggle to keep my eyes from hurting. Winters are terrible. I cannot work at the office because of the low humidity. In the winter I can hardly even go shopping.

I started using Hylo drops about a year ago and they are great. It soothes the eyes somewhat. I also use the Hylo Gel at night and Hylo Forte if my eyes are are really hurting and I have to go out. I found that I could only use the drops 3 times a day. Any more then there was a negative side effect.

Its a new drop that came to Canada starting last summer (2013). They are made by Candor Vision. If you live in Canada, you can order them from Shoppers Drug Mart. They are not prescription. I would recommend it for anyone with dry eyes. It improves that state of the eyes.

I stopped restasis about 3 weeks ago and my eyes feel better. I had used restatis for 2.5 years.

Comment

Working...
          X