This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic news for dry eye patients in Norway

I'm a Norwegian dry eye patient that has struggeled with getting the right treatment for years (had to go all the way to Paris and Prof. Baudouin to get the help I needed).

Today I found out that three eyedoctors have opened a private clinic for dry eye patients in Oslo. I don't know anything about them yet apart from reading on their webpage (www.torreoyneklinikken.no), but it looks very promising.They offer all up to date treatments, Restasis included.

A few years ago I was laughed at at the eyedoctor's office when I told I wanted to try cyclosporine treatment for my dry eyes. Things are changing!!!

Toril :-)

Great to hear it! Thanks for posting the link Toril and nice to 'see' you!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hooray !
      Oslo is closer than Paris! Please let me know if you plan to visit them !, I have än appointment with dr B in Paris iin Paris December .tw

by the way .

Comment

Good to know since I am in the Netherlands. I'd like to see Oslo too! (At least with my one eye that works

Comment

hi toril,

good for you! and all other dry eye sufferers in scandinavian countries of course.
          btw. long time no see.
          i hope you've been doing well.

patrick...

Comment

Thats great news- if only the UK would follow suit. I doubt it though because we have the NHS! :-(
            I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Hi all!

I'm not on here so often anymore, but thought I had to share the news!

Sunshinelover: I haven't planned to go and see them anytime soon, but I might later on.

Patrick: Yes, long time no talk! Haven't seen you on Facebook for ages. Are you not on there anymore?

Toril :-)

Comment

Hi toril,

No, i do occassionally check fb,but not very much and i certainly do not post anything anymore.
                Its not that i don't enjoy it ,but i had to make some decisions regarding my computer use.
                My eyes aren't exactly improving lately,in fact i think my condition is getting worse and that is one of the reasons i am forced to limit the time i spend behind a computer screen. I do however still check dez every day. I find it very useful for getting information and keeping up to date with the latest Developments.
                How are you doing lately?

Patrick...

Comment

I have actually made contact with them now, and probablu book an appointment in October. After some mail conversation the doc seem to think I ould benefit from Restasis. So I am investigating how that would work in Sweden, paymentwise....
                  Just wonder... in the Restasis website it says it has no effect in people wiht plugs and I have plugs. Anyone knows anything about that? Why shouldn't it have any effect with plugs??

Comment

They didn't do the clinicla trials with people with plugs. Ignore that is what my doctor says. If you have plugs restasis will still work. That is what american doctors tell me.

Comment

Sunshinelover:

I have plugs, and Restasis is working for me (not fanstastic, but it's reducing the inflammation to a certain degree). Prof. Baudouin had no concerns with prescribing Restasis for me, and he knows what he's doing. I'm planning to book an appointment at Tørreøyneklinikken in a few months. As I've already got a dignosis and I bought Restasis for a whole year the last time I visited Paris, I don't need to rush it. Would be interesting getting my eye tested with the super fancy and new equipment they've got there though, and also it seems there might be a way I can get most of the expenses for Restasis covered if I get one of those doctors send an application for me to HELFO. Earlier I've been told I had to pay everything myself (and also it has been impossible to find a doctor here that would actually give me a prescription).

Patrick:

I will send you a message in your inbox on Facebook! :-)

Comment

PS: Tørreøyneklinikken is to be found both on Facebook and Twitter, and it's interesting to follow them there (I follow them on Facebook) and to get news now and then on my newsfeed!

Comment

Sorry to interrupt - but I'm hoping that ugly-eyes is reading this thread. Ugly-eyes, are you here? Please post so that we know you've seen this thread.

Comment

[QUOTE=Toril;75961]Sunshinelover:

I have plugs, and Restasis is working for me (not fanstastic, but it's reducing the inflammation to a certain degree). Prof. Baudouin had no concerns with prescribing Restasis for me, and he knows what he's doing. I'm planning to book an appointment at Tørreøyneklinikken in a few months. As I've already got a dignosis and I bought Restasis for a whole year the last time I visited Paris, I don't need to rush it. Would be interesting getting my eye tested with the super fancy and new equipment they've got there though, and also it seems there might be a way I can get most of the expenses for Restasis covered if I get one of those doctors send an application for me to HELFO. Earlier I've been told I had to pay everything myself (and also it has been impossible to find a doctor here that would actually give me a prescription).

Toril,
                            How much does Restasis cost in France ?
                            I,m investigating the possibilities here in Sweden and it looks like the authorities may need 180 days to decide , wow , thats half a
                            year !, Might be better to buy in France to begin with , if ....

Comment

Originally posted by Toril View Post
                              I have plugs, and Restasis is working for me (not fanstastic, but it's reducing the inflammation to a certain degree). Prof. Baudouin had no concerns with prescribing Restasis for me, and he knows what he's doing. I'm planning to book an appointment at Tørreøyneklinikken in a few months. As I've already got a dignosis and I bought Restasis for a whole year the last time I visited Paris, I don't need to rush it.
                              Toril, this is amazing, I live in France and I was told you can only get restasis if you have hard case of Sjogrens and they import it for the patient after some long and complicated commision.
                              And you come to France to buy it? How does it work? Do you get it from a regular farmacy or do you buy it in the hospital?

Comment

Working...
                              X