Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HNautumn: Maybe send her a private message as well (to be sure she gets your message)?

Toril :-)

Comment

Thank Toril, I'll try to PM sunshinelover.

Comment

Hello HNautumn,
        Well, if you had asked 2 weeks ago I would have said yes, much better, since I had 2 really good weeks. But now back tog normal3 bad.... Went to my Swedish doc last friday and tbut is now only 2. Humidity is also much lower now, so that makes it difficult. However, I managed to convince the Swedish doc to try to get restasis from licence to me! I showed the results from the norwegian doc and that he would prescribe it if it would have been possible. So in that aspect it helped.
        I am now trying to figure out what caused the improvement, too bad it didnt last. I have a few theories.

Comment

Hi sunshinelover, Im sorry to hear that your eyes are back to the old bad. But are you still on Doxy and Azyter? maybe now it's time to try Restasis. My TBUT is 2 sec too and it's hurt all the time. I too try to figure something out.

Comment

Originally posted by HNautumn View Post
            Hi sunshinelover, Im sorry to hear that your eyes are back to the old bad. But are you still on Doxy and Azyter? maybe now it's time to try Restasis. My TBUT is 2 sec too and it's hurt all the time. I too try to figure something out.
            Well, I actually never started the doxy. My eyes was feeling better, I wanted to try one thing at a time, and I was just into starting with progesteron creme. And then I got a cystitis that demanded antibiotics. And I really dont want to take that much antibiotics since it ruins the gut flora, which causes even more problem s. I am now into eating more anti inflammatory food and more alkaline. I think I am prone to inflammation.
            By the way, today is a good eye day again -horray! It really is a mystery. Yesterday I had to close my eyes at 6 pm.

Don, t give up. I am sure you till find something that helps. My eye doc also will prescribe pilocarpin tog me if nothing else helps, but I Think I probably cant tolerate the side effects. What have you tried so får? Plugs?

Comment

Sunshinelover, they do exist in Sweden, I bought them at a farmacy in Strömstad. But I didn't know one could get them in Norway, I am in Oslo. I have tried them for a while, but i normally use Hylo-gel, so I cannot say anything about the long-term effect. But they feel very comfortable to use. Anyone else who has tried them for a longer period?

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinelover View Post
                Well, I actually never started the doxy. My eyes was feeling better, I wanted to try one thing at a time, and I was just into starting with progesteron creme. And then I got a cystitis that demanded antibiotics.
                Hi Sunshinelover,

Your eyes may have improved due to the antibiotics you took for cystitis. This often happens.

Wishing you all the best.

Comment

thank you sunshinelover, im glad that your eyes got a good day, hope today as well.
                  No I haven't tried plug yet, I went to the eye doctor twice and they refused, just gave me artificial tears instead.
                  Today I went to the local eye doctor, did shirmer test and it's only 2-3mm both eyes today . I ask him about the serum drops and he finally agreed to write a letter to a hospital at University to make it for me (but have to wait their answer). He want me to test for Sjogren too. I ask him about Restasis if I can try it, he say yes. But it's not approved here in Netherlands so I have to make another way to have it.

Best wishes

Comment

Toril, I also use Hylo-comod.
                    But have you tried Hylo-gel? The same brand, only a bit more jelly-like, even better I find! But I can not find them in farmacy, only opticians (Gundersen&Løken, pilestredet)

Comment

No, haven't tried that one. Does it contain preservatives?

I also use TheraTears (purchased from Denmark and the UK) and Systane Free (purchased from the UK), and Celluvisc and a vitamin A-ointment (bought in France) at night.

Comment

Googled it now, and seems like a drop that it would be interesting to try as it contains 2 mg hyaluronic acid compared to 1 mg in Hylo-Comod. I love the bottles - preservative free, lasting for 6 months after opening and easy to bring with you in the bag. I tried Hylo-Care (containing a vitamin B called dexpantenol) a couple of years back, but they didn't give me the same relief as Hylo-Comod.

Comment

Dry eyes is getting attention in Norwegian magazines these days; this picture is taken from the latest issue of "Hjemmet." A couple of months ago there were also a lot of info about dry eyes in the magazine "Norsk Ukeblad." I like it! :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	598500_398483580221466_808785227_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	155725

Comment

Fantastic!! That is the doc I saw at the clinic! The doc here in Sweden doesn't answer emails so I do not know what is happening to the application for Restasis. Frustrating...
                            It it so weird. Eyes felt so good on Tuesday and then yesterday - bang! Awful again and probably some stye in the upper lid..

Comment

Waiting is so frustrating :-s Did you try to call and leave a message?

Comment

Originally posted by Toril View Post
                                Waiting is so frustrating :-s Did you try to call and leave a message?
                                Unfortunately Only take calls half an hour per weak, but Ill try again on Monday I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X