Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I will prob try that again. Although doc has said he will send it again. Still waiting. But I think I will contact dr Baudoin again for another opinion. Also have a new app in Oslo in May, I will be there on a business trip that day. But they cant prescribe restasis. I couldnt tolerate Azyter unfortunately.

Comment

It's a pity it's going to be so complicated. Unfortunately I know all about it. Had the same problem in Norway with getting Restasis in the past. A doctor that I asked to look into if I could get the drops covered or not never called back and never responded when I left messages. An optometist I went to see for a check-up looked at me like I was crazy when I said I used cyclosporine drops (after having them prescribed in France). And the story goes on.

Comment

Lipiflow Report

Originally posted by Toril View Post
        Hmm...no, unfortunately the site is only in Norwegian. Maybe you could send them a mail, asking if they are planning to get an English version of the site as well? Or you could post on their Facebook asking the question.

I don't know that much about Lipiflow treatment and unfortunately I'm not able to get that kind of treatment here, but would be interesting to hear about your experiences anyway (and I'm sure many other memembers think the same).

Toril
        I've undergone the Lipiflow procedure at the Wills Wye Institute, Philadelphia,PA on April 5, 2013. The procedure was painless...kind of like a 'spa' session for your eyes. The Procedure is timed and lasts for only 12 minutes.

1.) A drop of anesthetic is placed into each eye
        2.) The disposable eyepieces are inserted into each eye.
        3.) Both eyes are treated simultaneousl
        4.) A test is 'run' to determine that the unit is working properly
        5.) The 'inner shells' (against the inner lids) are heated to 42.5% C (108.5 F
        6.) The 'shield shells' rest on the sclera, protecting the cornea
        7.) At the desired temperature, a small bladder inflates / deflates to 'milk' the glands / ducts
        8.) This 'milking' continues for the remainder of the 12 minutes

Afterwards, as the anesthetic wore off, I felt some slight irritation that I attributed to the manipulation of the treatment itself, however, the irritation subsided after about 30 minutes. I took a nap on the way home (I was not driving at the time) and when I awoke about an hour later, my eyes felt not only normal but also felt 'wet' (WOW!)

This morning, I had a small amount of 'sand' in the corners of my eyes and my eyes felt normal. I took a hot shower and let the water run over my eyes. Then, as instructed by my doctor, I heated my microwave 'hotpack' and used it for 5 minutes. After the 'hotpack', I gently cleansed the lid areas with an OcuSoft Lid Scrub Plus Pad. Then, I inserted a drop of prescription 'TobraDex ST' (Steroid Drops) into each eye. I have to continue this regimin every day to ensure that my glands / tear ducts remain open. The TobraDex regimin is as follows: one drop three times a day for a week, two drop a day for a week, then one drop per day for a week. So far, my eyes feel great!

Note: While I was sitting at the table having my morning coffee, I sneezed and guess what happened...my eyes actually 'watered'! I can't remember the last time I felt my eyes 'water'. My wife checked them out and could actually see the extra tears coating my eyes. Then afterwards, she checked them again and could see that my eyes shined normally with a coating of tears and did not look dry.
        I'm not sure how long these results will last but I will keep you all informed of my progress.

Regards to all,
        rppnj

Comment

I just came back from Oslo and was diagnosed with MGD. The visit was well worth it as I was properly diagnosed, something which was definitely not the case in Sweden. If anyone feel like they cannot get proper help in their country, I can definitely recommend a visit to the clinic in Oslo. The visit took 1œ hour, but the actual appointment was only for an hour, and the doctor diagnosed me with MGD. I noticed that one of the above posters said that her visit lasted for 3œ hours, but the doctor seemed certain of my diagnosis, so I guess no more testing was needed. He said from the beginning though that he only had an hour for the appointment. I was given several prescriptions and a treatment plan to follow. The doctor was very polite and he said I could email him if I had any more questions later. Hopefully, things will only get better from now on.
          Last edited by PiotrSWE; 07-Apr-2013, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by PiotrSWE View Post
            I just came back from Oslo and was diagnosed with MGD. The visit was well worth it as I was properly diagnosed, something which was definitely not the case in Sweden. If anyone feel like they cannot get proper help in their country, I can definitely recommend a visit to the clinic in Oslo. The visit took 1œ hour, but the actual appointment was only for an hour, and the doctor diagnosed me with MGD. I noticed that one of the above posters said that her visit lasted for 3œ hours, but the doctor seemed certain of my diagnosis, so I guess no more testing was needed. He said from the beginning though that he only had an hour for the appointment. I was given several prescriptions and a treatment plan to follow. The doctor was very polite and he said I could email him if I had any more questions later. Hopefully, things will only get better from now on.
            That s great, Piotr! I Hope they open a clinic in Stockholm soon. I am a patient at St Erik s hospital and they are great at all kinds of surgeries, but dry eye , No. I am so disappointed. I would love to hear about ANY good dry eye doc in Sweden.

What was your tbut, and what regimen did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinelover View Post
              That s great, Piotr! I Hope they open a clinic in Stockholm soon. I am a patient at St Erik s hospital and they are great at all kinds of surgeries, but dry eye , No. I am so disappointed. I would love to hear about ANY good dry eye doc in Sweden.

What was your tbut, and what regimen did you get?
              I have no idea what TBUT is, but I did get a paper listing different values, although the closest thing I can find is FBUT. I was prescribed Azyter, Oftagel, Tears Naturale and recommended to use Vita-pos and eye drops. Do you have MGD? If so, what kind of eye drops do you use? I have tried many different brands and some work better than others, but I have a hard time to notice any difference between them. The most important thing is probably that they are preservative free. Also, I sent you a private message concerning Restasis. I have also visited St Eriks hospital, but they dismissed me without doing any tests and told me to buy eye drops.

Comment

@rppnj: Thanks for your update! Very interesting.

@PiotrSWE: Glad to hear that you were pleased with the clinic in Oslo. Good luck with your treatment plan!

Comment

I recently moved back to Norway, so I might pay a visit to this clinic.. If I can afford it. I actually went to see an eye doctor only a few days after I arrived in Norway, but that was a total waste of money. The doctor told me that "we all have problems that we need to learn to live with," and that my eyes weren't all that bad. I cried on my way home.

Things are just beyond horrible at this point, and I don't know if I can take it any longer.. I'm currently in the process of applying for jobs, and going for interviews with bloodshot eyes is horrible.

PiotrSWE: I'm so happy you a proper diagnosis! Please let us know how you get on with the treatment plan
                  Last edited by Leelah; 23-Apr-2013, 09:22.

Comment

Leelah:

"We all have problems that we need to learn to live with"??? Most probably this doctor have no idea what it means to live with dry eyes. So ignorant. I highly recommend you to visit Tørreøyneklinikken and get a proper check-up and diagnosis (and then start on a treatment plan). I was there in November last year, so I speak from personal experience. Dr. Ræder is very knowledgeable and decicated to his work, and he also cares a lot about his patients.

Comment

seems they already have Keratograph 5m, which can perform meibography (according to their facebook page)

Comment

Working...
                      X