Lipiflow Session Planned Very Soon- Quick Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipiflow Session Planned Very Soon- Quick Questions

1. Does it matter what doctor I go to? I imagine since it's a machine, it doesn't really matter who I go to, yeah?

2. I found BlephEx highly uncomfortable. Will Lipiflow be more comfortable?

Originally posted by Kabuto View Post
    1. Does it matter what doctor I go to? I imagine since it's a machine, it doesn't really matter who I go to, yeah?

2. I found BlephEx highly uncomfortable. Will Lipiflow be more comfortable?
    LipiFlow shouldn't matter too much as its a pretty standard treatment, I would just go with the cheapest doctor. The post-op protocol varies a little bit, but usually its lotemax for a few days.

BlephEx shouldn't be uncomfortable, it should just tickle a little bit.

LipiFlow is quite comfortable, you just relax in the chair for ~12 mins.

Comment

Yeah, but I already had BlephEx, I found it uncomfortable. Didn't feel like tickling, felt more like scratching. -__-.

Comment

The details of explaining your blink results, tear condition, gland status, etc. from the LipiView and LipiScan can vary. If someone can refer you to a doctor who did a good job of explaining the results, that can be invaluable info.

Comment

Yes agree. My lipiflow doctor didnt have lipiview. He used the Oculus 5m keratigrapher and then manually checked all lower glands to see how many worked and released oil from just blink. Then how many had slightly thick oil that should get better after lipiflow. Then showed how many had thick oil.

I would like the lipiview and lipiscan but no has them within a 4 hour car ride.

Comment

OCULUS Keratograph 5M is no worse than LipiView , it's just a software difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokucat View Post
              The details of explaining your blink results, tear condition, gland status, etc. from the LipiView and LipiScan can vary. If someone can refer you to a doctor who did a good job of explaining the results, that can be invaluable info.
              that would be nice, though I’m not sure who’s good and competent in explaining that. For the record, I live in NYC

Comment

Working...
              X