Lipiflow cut my inner eyelid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipiflow cut my inner eyelid

I jave been in a lot of pain and inflammation since i got lipiflow done. I checked my inner eyelid today and near the bottom, close to the scleral area but still on the meaty gland area is a cut. Its fine but bright red. Thats why it hurts so much. DUH

I would love to add the photo my brother took. Why is it invalid for my user to attach photos?

EDIT i tried to upload to a photo hoster and slso tried to use URL. No luck. Is it really impossible to upload photos?
    Last edited by edmunder; 01-Aug-2018, 17:42.

Darn. Geez. Not someone else’s experience I want to hear days before planning a Lipiflow treatment....

Comment

That’s the first time I’ve heard about someone getting a cut from LipiFlow, but I guess it could happen, especially if your lids were already inflamed or the skin sensitive. Make sure to contact the provider or your local doctor to see if they need to prescribe special drops or ointment.

Comment

edmunder maybe the file was too big or something? You could upload a file somewhere else and share the link, I suppose.

How was the Lipiflow? I will do it, too, but it makes me feel a bit claustrophobic.

Comment

How do you prevent these negative side effects? How do you know which Lipiflow equipment is good??

Comment

My picture shows it great. I wish i could post it. Don’t understand how to post photos.

I called the doctor and hes on vacation. Said take ibuprofen and use my normal night time gel. Thanks! I was taking tramadol every 3-4 hours and filling my eyes with refresh pm ointment even during the day. At day 5 it’s finally not killing me since I stopped warm compress. But thats not good for lipiflow results.

dano6533@gmail.com how did you upload your pics to your first info post?

Comment

Kabuto ive never heard of this happening to anyone else. My doctor said i was the first to get inflammation and pain in the 100 he has done. Its because i got cut somehow.

The technician said i had strange eyelids. I do. Floppy on top and super tight on the bottom. I look somewhat Asian even though im mostly eastern european blood.

Comment

I was thinking he’d give you an antibiotic drop/gel to apply to prevent infection, but if it’s better I guess you don’t need that.

Comment

Originally posted by edmunder View Post
                  My picture shows it great. I wish i could post it. Don’t understand how to post photos.

I called the doctor and hes on vacation. Said take ibuprofen and use my normal night time gel. Thanks! I was taking tramadol every 3-4 hours and filling my eyes with refresh pm ointment even during the day. At day 5 it’s finally not killing me since I stopped warm compress. But thats not good for lipiflow results.

dano6533@gmail.com how did you upload your pics to your first info post?
                  You should definitely do warm compress after LipiFlow, you want to keep those glands open and unclogged.

Comment

deep_dry_eye i took a really long bath today in very hot water and a short warm compress. Its hard with the one bad eye cut. If i do hot for a long time it gets really inflamed. Im hoping it will heal up in the next day or two.

Im trying to do what i can. I do on the non cut on as much as i can

Comment

Originally posted by edmunder View Post
                      deep_dry_eye i took a really long bath today in very hot water and a short warm compress. Its hard with the one bad eye cut. If i do hot for a long time it gets really inflamed. Im hoping it will heal up in the next day or two.

Im trying to do what i can. I do on the non cut on as much as i can
                      I am really curious what the cut looks like. I can't imagine LipiFlow causing it, did the dr look at your under the scope after LipiFlow? That's pretty standard post-op.

Comment

No the doctor didnt check my eyes after lipiflow. Just talked about what i should be doing afterwards and then left.

AND then Monday morning i called him amd he said hed never heard of pain or inflammation before. So i went to the local eye doctor who never checked under my lids. Just through the microscope at the cornea. He gave me steroids, Alrex.

Its not the big city here. I drive 4 hours to either Chicago or detroit/ann arbor. Only lipiflow around (2 hours away) is this guy who actually really cares about his patients and has great reviews from other dry eye sufferers .

i wish i lived in a big center for doctors but my city has 10k people.

Comment

Edmunder, I just tested uploading a photo. The process was confusing but I did get it in the end. Can you please let me know sometime what error you get when you try? I know others have posted photos.
                          Rebecca Petris
                          The Dry Eye Foundation
                          dryeyefoundation.org
                          800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                          X