Lid Sprays..any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lid Sprays..any good?

Has anyone felt any benefit from any of the eyelid sprays which are on the market?

I tried Clarymist about 5 years ago and felt no benefit..

Here in the Uk .. i have noticed the Optrex spray being advertised regularly on tv.

There is also the Tears Again Advanced Liposome Spray...(i think from the same company that does ocusoft?)

I have only tried Calrymist... but I am considering trying the Tears Again spray. Just read in another thread..someone said this is the same product? Is that the case?

Any positive feedback or other recommendations in this area? I do believe I would benefit more from a product which attempts to alleviate evaporative dry eye more than aqueous deficiency... as my eyes are very bearable with wrap around glasses in non dry environments... then as soon as i go into aircon or central heating.. i am ruined!!
    Last edited by Rory; 24-Sep-2009, 07:59.

I may be wrong but I believe they are the same.

They didn't do me any good at all.

Comment

I tried Clarymist, and was in so much discomfort after, I'd never touch one again, I don't rate them at all. I use a drop now called Hycosan, which seems to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rory View Post
        There is also the Tears Again Advanced Liposome Spray...(i think from the same company that does ocusoft?)
        It is not the same product. We used to have a member here from the company that makes Clarymist and he explained why. He is in the UK. Suggest doing a search to find the posts about this... I'm thinking about 1, maybe 1.5 years ago. My impression certainly was that Clarymist was a better product. There was some complication about the product names in various countries that makes it difficult to keep straight which is which.

We have had many members in the UK over the years who have reported some good results with Clarymist.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

At first I thought liposomal sprays were a breakthrough but two of the top German dry eye experts told me they were disappointed when they tried Tears Again on their patients.

Comment

Working...
          X