Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I cut the scrubs now?

hey all,

I think my bleph MAY have given me some kind of break. I tried to avoid all the foods that seem to make my skin oily and the bleph come back (red meats, frequent fast food, nuts, sugary stuff, whey/dairy). Those yellow crusts are little now. It's actually been 7 days since I last did a scrub. Is a scrub still necessary even if those crusts aren't there? Can I just bath eye lids with saline + water/ warm water only and end it right there? I'm glad it has calmed down a bit, but just curious if I have to pull out the LidHygeniX again tonight or let it stay in the cabinet untill those pesky, filthy crusts show up again.

Much thanks!

Marc.

Even at my worst i never had crusts yet i have posterier blepharitis ie MGD and my symptoms were agony
    I have them well under control now thank God 3 years later
    But i would'nt dream of letting up on my eyelid hygiene which includes "scrub" with occusoft -once in 24hrs -last thing before bed

The reason it is important is unseen micro-organisms which invade the lids and glands

I hate the word scrub - really it is a matter of gentle cleansing and rinsing

Comment

I concur with Stella - keep doing the scrubs. I had yellow crusty bleph 6 years ago and when I had beat it into remission I stopped my routine. 2 years later it came back as anterior bleph / MGD. If I had kept up with my eyelid routine it may have kept this thing at bay for a longer period of time or maybe even from ever returning.

Btw I can't stress this enough to anyone who wants to listen, but Novartis brand "Eye Scrub" (Walgreen in US) is WAY BETTER than occusoft lid scrubs - much gentler material.

Comment

Originally posted by Brighteyes View Post
        Novartis brand "Eye Scrub" (Walgreen in US) is WAY BETTER than occusoft lid scrubs - much gentler material.
        It really is. I find Ocusoft pads to be gritty in spots and not nearly as gentle as Novartis' product. I just wish I could find the Novartis more easily than just Walgreen's or drugstore.com

Comment

I find the Ocusoft pads scratchy, too, but my doctor wants me to use the
          Ocusoft "Plus" which he says has a stronger antibacterial action. I think I'll ask him about the Novartis product since the Ocusoft really does seem to irritate if I'm not super careful to be gentle.

Comment

scrubbin'

thanks for the replies!

Well, I just took a 2x2 gauze,wet it with warm water and wiped my lashes/lids side to side a few times then rinsed off in the shower. Is this sufficient given the bleph seems to be kinda calm or is the cleanser (lidhygenix,ocusoft, sterilid,etc.) ALWAYS required?

Marc.

Comment

I think you need something more than warm water. Baby shampoo is supposedly non-irritating and a lot of doctors recommend it but I personally found it hard to wipe off. I find sterilid foam and occusoft pre-moistened pads to be irritating. "Eye Scrub" is simply the best although kinda expensive - $30/month if you scrub 2x/day.

Comment

Working...
              X