Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which lid scrubs do you use?

Hey guys,

So I am allergic to ophthalmic preservative and in need of some advise regarding lid scrubs.
    Which products are good? Where can I get them?

Also, were you able to find any good eye-mask? The one I have is a bit sticky, made of plastic, so there's an unpleasant sensation of it sticking to my eyelid when I remove it...

Does your mask have a name? Is it a Tranquileyes? We can't help much until we know if this is what you're using. Many of us like that mask, even though it cost a fair amount. I actually have two and keep extra supplies on hand.

I have Ocusoft scrubs and also a bottle of Ocusoft foam spray. I like both and use interchangable.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lid-Care, it's OK.

Comment

My favorite lids scrub I buy right here at the Dry Eye Shop. It's the OCuSOFT Lid Scrub Foaming Eyelid Cleanser.

Comment

can anyone suggest a mild lid scrub? I've tried ocusoft & it really stung my eyes

Comment

I like Ocusoft, it doesn't irritate me at all.

Once I tried Sterilid and it really burned. I will never use that one again.

Peepers- Did you try Ocusoft or Ocusoft Plus? The reason I ask is Ocusoft Plus is stronger, and it is recommended for conditions with bacterial involvement, so I would imagine that one might irritate some people.

Comment

Blephasol

I use Blephasol/Blephaclean

Comment

Is Blephasol specially for blepharitis? I have never tried a lid scrub or baby shampoo, etc. Does it make a difference?

I just wash my face with neutrogena glycerin soap (the orange one)
                Dr eyes caused by long term contact lens wear

Comment

Blephasol

It is for Blepharitis. I like it. Very gentle. I use Vichy cleanser on my face but this on my eyes. I did use Lidcare before but I think Blephasol is milder. One is a box of wipes. One is a liquid. Liquid works out less expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria1972 View Post
                    Is Blephasol specially for blepharitis? I have never tried a lid scrub or baby shampoo, etc. Does it make a difference?
                    Doctors tend to tell everyone to use baby shampoo but I've always found it too harsh. I found Burts Bees not to be too bad but it's trial and error with this kind of thing I'm afraid.

I've tried most lid scrubs on the market (in the UK at least) and haven't come across one that suits me - but my eyes tend to be very awkward. Salt water can be as good.

Whatever you try, it's important not to be over zealous. Your eyelids are very delicate and the skin can become very papery if you overdo the `scrubbing' .

Comment

Have you tried supranettes --they are sterile wet wipes in individual packets and are very gentle

Comment

Hey

Well, the mask I have is gel eye mask, which I got at CVS.
                        I will try to find the one that you mentioned...

I tried the Sterilid in the past, and it really irritated my eyes. When I was in Israel I got wipes for sensitive eyes by doctor fisher. They were very mild and I was hoping to find something similar.

Did you get the wash for blepharitis through your eye doctor? Do you need a prescription in order to buy it? Where can it be found?

Thanks for your responses! Have a great weekend

Comment

Team blephasol

I am not sure if this company ships to the U.S but they will get back to you very quickly if you email and ask. Small company and very personal service. I usually talk to a guy called James.
                          http://www.blepha-store.co.uk/cgi-bi...g%2Findex.html

Bette

Comment

Working...
                          X