Need a good anti-bacterial eyelid cleanser for every day use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good anti-bacterial eyelid cleanser for every day use

I'd like to know if there is a good, inexpensive, anti-bacterial eyelid cleansing liquid that can be bought in large amounts as an alternative to the pricy stuff most of us get in tiny bottles that only last you a week. I have blepharitis so I clean my eyelids twice a day. I can use sterile saline that comes in 1 liter bottles except that it doesn't have an agent to kill bacteria. I don't want to use diluted baby shampoo for the same reason.

I, by the way, don't use wet make-up pads or Q-tips some of you like so much because they don't get in between the eyelashes or do an effective sweeping job along the curved surface of the lid margins. They're simply not designed to go there so I use a tiny make-up brush I dip into a cup with a small amount of cleansing solution. As the brush doesn't have a hard, rigid surface it easily adapts to the eyelid contour which makes it possible for it to do a better job while being less irritant.
    Last edited by Ariel; 07-Aug-2010, 05:17.

Ocusoft lid cleansing foam is good
    You get it on the internet and it comes in an aerosol which produces a foam and you rub a little on each lid
    Also one tin of it lasts ages -- about a year, so it is really good value

Comment

Working...
    X