stringy bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stringy bits

Sometimes in the mornings i have stringy bits of mucous in my eyes.Can anyone tell me what these are? Is there any treatment? My eyes always seem more irritated when the stringy bit are there.They were there this morning.Im working in a few hours,just know im gonna have a bad day with my peepers

I have stringy bits, too. Not sure exactly why some people have more, but I always figured that if you're low on tear volume, then the mucous is more noticeable---or something. Maybe we make more mucous because of inflammation.

It usually takes me a couple of hours to "work out" all the crud, either by rinsing with saline, using drops, or dragging it out with my fingers. Along with that, my own meager tears get going and clean up my eyes----but it takes awhile.

C

Comment

There are two types of stringy "things" one is mucous and the other are dead epithelial cell strings that are ATTACHED to your cornea. The mucous is easily removed from the ocular surface the other is not and should be removed by an ophthalmologist.

Comment

thanks for your posts! The stringy bits can definately be removed. My eyes feel very gritty when they're present.Hope it resolves soon

Comment

Working...
        X