Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eye lid wipes that don't require rinsing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye lid wipes that don't require rinsing?

I'm going to be travelling for a few weeks and I'm a bit cautious about putting water near my eyes when I don't know how clean it is and what minerals etc are in it.

At home, I mostly use baby shampoo to clean my eyes and occasionally I use Lid Care wipes by Novartis. These wipes require me to rinse my eyes thoroughly afterwards.

I have tried the Blephaclean wipes, but they are very expensive - €18 for 20 wipes!

Has anyone here found a reasonably priced wipe that doesn't require much post-cleansing rinsing? I wouldn't mind using bottled water to give my eyes a quick rinse, but I'd prefer not to blow my budget on water!

At the moment I'm not using lid hygiene as a treatment for blepharitis (thank god!) but just to get rid of the build up of drops and gel and to refresh my eyes.
    The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

I use Ocusoft Plus wipes--they do not require rinsing.

Comment

supranettes

Hi I use Supranettes and find them brilliant - I take a couple out with me if I am going out all day just to clean the gunge that builds up. They don't require rinsing and are not too expensive. Liz

Comment

The regular ocusoft wipes might be fine too since it's not for bleph. I see them in the UK for about half the Blephaclean cost at this link.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks Rebecca. I've emailed that company to see what the delivery charge would be.

I'm going to ring local opticians and pharmacies to see if any stock Ocusoft or Supranettes. Thanks for the suggestions!

Edit: just ordered some Supranettes Is it strange to get excited about new dry eye stuff?!
          Last edited by Súil Eile; 31-Jan-2011, 19:36.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The Supranettes arrived in the post today, and I love them. Mild, non-irritating, refreshing and no need to rinse. Perfect!

Although talk about timing...I was in Boots yesterday and saw they have Supranettes in stock for the first time! At least I have options now.

Rebecca, that site you linked for Ocusoft looked like it had potential, but I emailed them a few days ago and I've yet to get a response. So if anyone is intending to send the card details etc just be a little careful.

Edit: Thanks Irish Eyes for confirming this website is legit!
            Last edited by Súil Eile; 04-Feb-2011, 10:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Súil Eile View Post
              Rebecca, that site you linked for Ocusoft looked like it had potential, but I emailed them a few days ago and I've yet to get a response. So if anyone is intending to send the card details etc just be a little careful.
              The link goes to Lens Catalogue; I have used them several times to buy Genteal. No problems at all.

They ship stuff from US over to UK - you can see reviews here.

http://www.google.co.uk/products/sel...atalogue.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Irish Eyes, good to know. I might try them in future if they ever get back to me about shipping costs

Comment

They explain shipping costs; purchase up to or over a specific amount and it's free.

I paid something like £4 when I ordered so would that be something like €5 (?).

Comment

Unfortunately, on the website they only specify the info for shipping to the UK. I've had many disasters over the years trying to get UK companies to ship to Ireland so I'm wary when there isn't any info on international shipping. That being said, they display prices in Euro so I presume they would ship to Ireland. I just don't want to be charged €20 p&p for €5 worth of eyelid wipes!

If anyone here has ordered from outside the UK I'd love to know how ye got on.

Comment

Working...
                    X