Possible good idea for feeling better at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible good idea for feeling better at home

This may sound dumb but would it help to wash your eye area really well then get some swimming goggles and fill it up with artificial tears then put it on and blink like normal. Your eyes would be bathing in tears similar to scleral lens but could only be used in private of course... What do you think?

Sounds expensive -imagine how much eyedrops it would take to fill up those goggles!! ... plus vision would be blurry from looking through such a thick layer of drops...

Sounds heavenly from a comfort perspective though

Comment

How about just trying the goggles without the drops? You might find that preventing evaporation alone makes a nice improvement.

Comment

I'd be worried about infection. But it sure sounds nice. I'm with Rob on the goggles alone helping....

Speaking of stuff to do at home whatever happened to those Blephasteam goggles? Haven't seen anything about them in ages.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Every goggle I've gotten fogs up (even though they're "fog free"). When I get corneal erosions I actually fill an eye cup up with thera tears, lay down, and open my eye thru the tears. It's really helped. I like that idea...but yes, it's expensive!!

Comment

sounds good to me

Comment

The eye cup idea sounds good to me too. I guess I'm in the minority, but the rice bag warm compress doesn't work for me unless I put a warm, wet washcloth under it with plastic bag in-between. If I use the rice bag only, my eyes dry out even worse. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
              Maria

Comment

I have some Blephasteam goggles Rebecca - I have used them a total of 3 times. They work great but my eyes are just not responsive to any kind of heat - it just seems to make the inflammantion worse. I think I will sell the goggles on tbh
                The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Comment

Working...
                X