hair conditioner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hair conditioner?

This struck me as odd, but I'm new to this, and some of you may have known this, I was looking up treatment options for Bleph. and came across a lid hygien routine that included putting hair conditioner on your lids, leave on and rinse off, that this helps with keeping down the bacteria??? I have heard pros and cons for baby shampoo, but never heard of this about the conditioner. also has I've noticed that the skin around my eyes looks terrible, much more wrinkled and my eyelids one especially looks like it has eczema on it, it also itched and crusts, could it be chapped from all the drops I've been putting in? My eyes seem better lately and I'm happy but wondering about a possible reaction to Restasis, or just more new things with my eyes. I've not been putting eye creams on much lately either, I'm looking really old around my eyes...dont like it much.

wow. i dont know... where did you find that thread? i would be careful cause anytime i have gotten conditioner near my eyes when washing my hair it burns...yikes..
    i use the Ocusoft Wipes... and i use eye cream but am careful not to put it near the lash line.
    Jenny

Comment

I have not heard of this. Though I have seborehic dermititis and was given special rx shampoo which they thought may help the bleph. For my lids the best for me has been the thera tears foam. I tried the wipes and baby shampoo which did not help. I would check with your eye doc before putting a conditioner or other shampoo on your lid.

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
        wow. i dont know... where did you find that thread? i would be careful cause anytime i have gotten conditioner near my eyes when washing my hair it burns...yikes..
        i use the Ocusoft Wipes... and i use eye cream but am careful not to put it near the lash line.
        I found this reference on Wikipedia, while looking up Blepheritis. I did find it odd, but sometimes these things can work?? Jenny what kind of cream do you use around your eyes? I have a Mary Kay product I've been using, but I'm almost out, I also have a Avon cream called Anew eye lift, it contains two things a cream for under eyes and a gel for the lid. I don't want to make things worse so I haven't been using. I do have the ocusoft wipes and use them, do you rinse after? The directions say to rinse or leave on if directed, just wonder why one would not rinse? I'm afraid to leave on, again I don't want to make
        things worse. It's hard to know what to do.

Comment

i use some eye cream from Mario Badescu ( i get it online) one is called an olive eye cream-ext emollient great for night, the other is called special V. it also is pretty emollient.. all of their eye creams seem to really moisturize better than any i have ever tried-and i have tried everything from dept store to cvs to online.. I have been using it for several years before my stupid anterior blepharitis acted up.

as far as ocusoft wipes-my doc told me to rinse it off and pat my eyelids dry afterward. At first i wasn't doing that and i would have little flakes all over my eyelashes. So, now i always rinse my eyelids with cool water.
          Jenny

Comment

Unfortunately eye drops do dry the skin out around the eyes, I couldn't believe the difference in my skin after only a couple of months of using them. Now I've stopped using lubricants completely (as they were just increasing the irritation) the skin has improved markedly. The gel-type ones actually form a kind of dry skin around the eye, which makes the skin look particularly wrinkly. If you have to use them, put them in very sparingly rather than flooding the eye so a lot spills over on to the surrounding skin.

Personally I'd be extremely careful about putting anything in to you eyes, especially if you are already using several kinds of drops as it's possible that the combination of chemicals might cause an adverse reaction.

Comment

hair conditioner? yikes

i can't imagine using hair conditioner either. strange. i personally wouldn't risk it. i always stick with ocusoft or theratears sterilid foam cleanser.

i think it's the warm/hot compresses that dry out my eyelids most of the time. i use (about 3 times/week) a very gentle eye cream from face naturals called plum perfect eye cream. it's very silky, light and smooth and does the trick. plus, for some reason, it doesn't irritate my eyes. i have switched to all organic/natural makeup and cleanser products on my face and eyes, and this is the best i've found.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the great tips, especially about the creams used, I'm not going to try the Hair conditioner thats for sure, I found it strange too, but you never know. Glad to know to rinse after using the ocusoft, my eyes have improved so much, and Ive been using the eye cream around them has helped tremendously. At night, this may sound weird but I found some tobradex ointment up in the cupboard, and the area that looked a bit like chapped, or eczema I put it on (not in my eye) I used it because I knew it wouldn't hurt my eye if it got in. and that seems to have cleared it up. I'm taking advice on not flooding with the tears, as they do end up around my eyes, especially the gels. I'm still hanging in there with the Restasis, and think it may be helping some. At least I'm not where I was when this all started.

Comment

Working...
                X