Tap water infections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tap water infections

Can washing eyes with tap water in companies can cause increased dryness or can cause only infections.

I have stopped putting tap water now but sometimes seemed to be a problem .

BCOZ normally everyone uses the tap water in companies to wash there eyes and companies might be taking care to provide normally clean water.

I had a concern since i was putting it from last 10 months and suddenly one day i sprinkled and observed more reddishness and might be increase in dryness.

Please share any similar experiences/views ..

The chemicals they put in the water here - stinks of chlorine most days - make LM's rosacea skin inflammation worse, which we are hoping to improve to help the eyes. Same with most face washes and treatments. We use boiled filtered or bottled water to wash the eyes, preferring alkaline.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Tap water does not have the right pH for the eye and it strips things out of the tear film that you need so yes it can make you feel drier. Plus the infection rinse. A better choice would be saline that is pH balanced for use in the eye, if you can find it. In the US it's called Unisol 4.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Tap water here in Florida always burns my eyes. I've started using bottled water for use during my Lid treatments.

Comment

Working...
        X