Rose water - Anybody got an opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose water - Anybody got an opinion?

I'm trying something new. It's called rose water and is supposed to be good for the eye. I bought it from a health food store. You're supposed to use it for washing your face but a google search suggests that it helps with dry eye. The only worry I have is that it has two preservatives in it - sodium benzoate and Pottasium sorbate. Has anybody tried this stuff yet and if so, did it help? I'll keep you posted on the results I get but it would be good to hear somebody else's experience before I embark on this new trial.

Daniel

I've just started using rose water a few days ago, on the recommendation of my homeopath. I don't have any preservatives in mine though - it is 100% organic rose water (rosa damascena).

It's early days, but it does seem to be helping a bit. I'm having a bad day with it today, but the previous two days were better than usual.

Comment

Thanks Sarah. It's good to be doing this with another person as we can compare our experiences. I've ditched the rose water I bought with the preservatives and am making my own. I found how to do this on this website:

http://www.ehow.com/how_7507616_make...-eye-wash.html

I've already bought the rosebuds from Wholefoods store. They only cost about $5. If that homeopath is ripping you off on the price, you can always do this instead.
      Good luck! I hope we are both successful!

Danny

Comment

Very interesting. Best of luck with it. It certainly feels soothing, and helps get rid of all the gunk.

Comment

Working...
        X