Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Omg I cant win!! Really tight chest and throat after using Ocusoft Plus lidscrub!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omg I cant win!! Really tight chest and throat after using Ocusoft Plus lidscrub!!

Hi all.

I recently purchased Ocusoft Plus lid cleanser and used it for the 1st time yesterday, 2 hours later i was suffering from bad side effects ..my chest and throat went tight and i could hardly breath, i also felt a little disorientated and i gather this was reaction to something in the product.Im dissapointed as this product worked really well at cleaning the eyelids and reducing redness, i have the original ocusoft lid cleaner and had no side effects but it hasnt got anti bacterial action which is what i need as my eyelashes are dropping out?

I dont know if i should use it again as 12 hours later im still suffering from a tight chest but its not as intense as earlier?

Im so fed up with my hypersensitve system as all the products that help reduce bacteria and redness give me bad side effects

Whats left now ..Bicarb of soda, Sterilid,
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

I'm so sorry. Scary. Do you have any known chemical allergies? If I were you I would call Ocusoft and let them know. (It's important that these kinds of events get documented.) I would not re-use something that caused me any respiratory distress even minor. Move on to Sterilid maybe? But tell your doctor first (GP and eyedoc).
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Rebecca.. do you think i should call dry.eye.co.uk where i bought them from or email the UK distributor or USA makers?

How long do these respiratory side effects linger for after discontinuing the ocusoft?

Im wondering if anything more natural would eliminate staph bacteria without the side effects?
      "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

Originally posted by HYPERHEAD View Post
        Hi Rebecca.. do you think i should call dry.eye.co.uk where i bought them from or email the UK distributor or USA makers?
        I'd go straight to the manufacturer (Ocusoft, in Texas) though it wouldn't hurt to contact the distributor too. MHRA might be a good idea too.

How long do these respiratory side effects linger for after discontinuing the ocusoft?
        No idea because I've never heard of it happening to anybody before! The nearest I've come across was someone who had something like that (but also swollen tongue) after using a prescription eyedrop as part of a clinical trial. I think in that case they may have ultimately pinned it down to something else (strange coincidences DO happen) - or maybe an interaction between two things - but I remember how astonished I was that something like that could happen after applying something topically to your eyes. - 12 hours seems like a long time to me but honestly I don't know anything about these kinds of (allergic, presumably?) reactions.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Oh No, I agree with Rebecca, contact the company right away, also let your Doctor know that you had this reaction, and check the list of ingredients as you could come across the culpit again unknowingly. I actually like sterilid, if that could work for you without the horrid side effects I'd try it. But definately don't try the other, as usually the reactions just get worse. So sorry this happened to you. Hope you are better.

Comment

Working...
          X