X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for using jojoba oil on eyelids

Hi
    I've bought some jojoba oil to use on my eyelids and just thinking about how / when to apply it amongst my current routines. I bought it as my eyelid skin gets very greasy through excess sebum production and apparently jojoba oil can help with this. So my current routine is
    - Night time before bed: 5-10 minute warm compress with an eyebag. Then a light massage. Then apply Blephasol to base of the eyelashes and surrounding areas, plus Blephagel to the bases of the eyelashes.
    - Morning: shower for 5-10 minutes, using a anti-dandruff shampoo on hair but not around the eyes / eyebrows. Also wash off the Blephagel from the previous night with the eyes closed. After the shower, apply Blephasol to the base of the eyelashes.

I was thinking I might apply jojoba oil to the eyelid skin early evening so that it wouldn't interfere with the rest of my routine. Do you think I would need to wash off the jojoba oil after a certain period? Or if the shower in the morning would be sufficient to wash off the jojoba oil?

Thanks
    Dave

Im using jojoba as we speak on the face etc and its great ...mmmm but near the eyelids i dunno it tends to burn the eyes once it gets absorbed through the thin eyelid skin.

I have a new simplified routine and it seems to be helping alot ...jump in the shower for 10 mins just use sanex zero body wash on lids and face body then use flannel to scrub lids gently followed by gentle massage.

Also taking nac 150mg per day and multi vitamin and vitamin C, plenty of sleep and excercise, stay happy and eat well Glands and lids looking a lot better and hardly any grittiness..

Im my experience I have learnt that eye irritation or grittiness is mostly caused from lid scrubs or even so called gentle face cleaning products as even these products contain known irritants .. cause most of the time these irritants get into the eyes and irritate the eyes even further and cause more dryness lid inflammation vicious cycle etc.
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

Working...
    X