Eyewash routine makes eyes feel worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyewash routine makes eyes feel worse

OK, I have Blepharitis as well as dry-eye. This is all pretty new to me. And now I'm trying to find out what's wrong with this evening eyewash routine.

The routine I'm using is:

1. About a minute of hot washcloth repeatedly held under running hot water and held to the eyes.
    2. Gently stroke eyelids, both across (toward eye) and along, with cotton swabs dipped in vaseline. (the vaseline is to make them less painful and easier to draw. Trick from actor's dressing room)
    3. Dunk 2 make-up remover pads in 3 oz hot water with a drop of baby shampoo, and wipe over lids until vaseline is gone.
    4. Repeat step 1 for another minute.

After this routine, my eyes feel ok until I try to use them. But the lids look red. 1
    minute of computer use or reading and they're raw and feeling flayed.

So this is pretty harsh stuff. What can I do to make it gentler? I'm already using very very weak baby shampoo (1 drop to 3oz water).
    ---
    Blepharitis leads to MGD causes dry eye?
    Dry eye drops cause eyelid irritation exacerbating Blepharitis?

whatever you do don't put hot water directly into your eyes ... there's a lot of nasty animals in it (something....moeba according to each type). So use a sterile rinsing solution... you don't need that much water, it just has to be hot, and then not too much... avoid using running water altogether maybe.

there's also lid extraction but I don't think you should do it alone... ask an ophthalmologist.
    How long have you been doing it? One may experienced bad results at the beginning of the process... particularly when the glands have been clogged for so long.
    take care
    K

Comment

Working...
    X