This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lid scrub issue

Just a quick query. Recently I've started doing lid scrubs again and by scrub I mean a gentle wipe of my eyelid margin using a wipe designed for use on the eyelid margin. I tried this a year ago when my eyes were really bad and after wiping the eyelid margin my right eye would go really red and sore and remain that way for the rest of the day. At that time though my right eye was hyper-sensitive to just about anything and everything.

A year on and my right eye is in much better shape but the last few times I've tried the eyelid scrub the same thing has happened to my right eye(left one is fine). The wipes themselves are preservative free. Could this be down to whatever is on the wipes or is the mere action of touching my eyelid margin upsetting the tear film? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Any advice appreciated.

Yep, we've found this. LM can't use wipes without getting sore red eye. Ophth thinks it changes the pH and it's whatever's in the wipes so they are saying just warm water unless we're treating for something. We think with hypersensitivity, it's best to blitz with what's needed (in our case we treated for demodex control by using tiny amount of teatree shampoo in the eye wash, and also used it around the rosacea) but now she's getting sensitive to this recipe we have to step down to end up 1/week around the eyelid margins (as Tseng). Interestingly, it's the skin getting sensitive to TTO solution eg hands and the eyes are fine on 1/day. It's a bit like setting up an allergy. I think it's trial but avoiding the error as much as poss x
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Thanks I'll definitely give that a try. Were the wipes that your daughter reacted to preservative free?

Comment

Working...
      X