Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, the massage is only one thing they do. Most of it is energy work. Hope it works for you. It has been very helpful for me, but I believe it will take more than one session. I am going once a week. Also, like everything else, I think some are better than others. I hit a good one by blind luck. Maybe check Yelp, and see if there is anything posted.

Comment

Ok I found two in my area that do energy work I'm going to try out. I feel like my job is the thing that stresses me out and really there is nothing I can do about that stress sadly. I might need to pick a new, less stressful career. I always thought a mail carrier would be such a fun job!

Comment

Originally posted by LaDiva View Post
        Wow. Hard question. I am still not in great shape, but last year my eyes were much drier and I had photophobia. It has been a really long haul, and like I said, it isn't over. Drugs didn't really work very well. I think the Doxy ended up messing with my insides which were not in very good shape anyway. I got sicker, and sicker and sicker, and tried all kinds of things to make my eyes and body feel better. I ached and hurt all over, and decided to get a massage. Accidentally, I booked a massage with a reiki therapist. I felt better within three visits. What I realized is that I had been under an incredible amount of stress for almost three years, and hadn't really relaxed for a very long time. I also connected with a good vitamin person who fixed me up with some potent vitamins and minerals, some of them in liquid form. Physically I felt better within a week, and now feel much better. I also started drinking more water and decaf green tea, and the food I do eat now is organic when possible. I don't eat glutens or inflammatory foods, including sugar, and don't drink anything with caffeine. It is my hope that I will be able to eventually add some foods back into my diet. I think my body had become toxic from a variety of things, including a couple of bouts with food poisoning. I now sleep well, and feel hopeful. The next step is to take the saliva test for hormone balance, and if that is also a key, I think things might get much better. My goal is to be healthy enough so that my body can heal itself, which it has not been doing very well. Don't know if this helps Kate. It has been a physical, mental and spiritual journey. I do not know if I will be "cured" or "in remission", but certainly now have hope, which was rapidly running out. I've tried many things, but think that so far, reiki has been the most helpful. We are all different, and I think there are different things that speak to each of us. I so hope you will be better soon; that we will all be better soon. Did you have your lip biopsy done?
        Hi LaDiva,
        I feel Like I am on the same route as you here, having had a lot of stressful events taken place, in particular the last 12 months, at the same time as I developed severe dry eye out of the blue. I am alos trying to eat more organic, drinking coconut water, making green smoothies every day, no dairys etc. Everything was looking promising until th winter hit last weak, with freezing degrees outside and very dry air.... Also, I developed urithrites after a UTI i october, and it has been really weird - when the urthritis has been really bad, the eyes have been good, and wise versa. I can overlap a few days but seems to go in cycles. That's why I think something systemic is going on, like hormone imbalances. I am on a lot of supplements, vit b5, b6, vitD, 5HTP, calcium/magnesium etc, and have started progesteron cream in 2weeks intervalls, too soon to tell yet if it is the progesteron that made my eyes better recently or if it was acoincidence. I will now order the saliva test for the hormones, and see what that say. The blood test I have had so far said I am quite low on testosteron, but high on estrogen which makes sense. I have read a lot about estrogen dominance, which seem to be very common these days.
        Interesting to hear about the reiki healing! Hope it goes well.

Comment

Thanks Sunshine! Best of luck to you too!

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
            LaDiva, I recently stopped Restasis too. I was on it three months twice a day, my eyes also were pretty red from it and kinda still are as I have only been off it a few days. I started using Lotemax twice a day five days ago and am already feeling much better and the redness is going down. I plan to use it twice a day for two weeks then taper off slowly. I will start serum next month. I am kinda worried that once I taper off Lotemax things will get bad again...I am hoping the Lotemax at least brings the inflammation down until I can get my serum made. How long did ur doc say u could use it for??
            Faith, I am so sorry! I didn't see this until now. I don't remember which doctor prescribed the Lotemax, and cannot remember the dose recommendation. I figured once a day for a week wouldn't hurt. Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember the doctor saying you shouldn't be on steroids for more than two weeks. Not sure though. Happy to hear you see improvement are are feeling better!

Comment

Working...
            X