Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian members: Where do you get Unisol (or other saline)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian members: Where do you get Unisol (or other saline)

Question from a caller... Can you get Unisol shipped to Canada (or better yet get it through a Canadian site) and if so where from?

Ditto for unit dose saline?

Many thanks.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

When I was ordering it last year, the only way to get it in Canada was if an optometrist ordered it. As far as I know, they were the only ones who could get it.

Comment

I always got it from here: http://www.mountainside-medical.com/...nit-Dose-.html

1000 vials (3000 mL) for $115.00. I had to pay around $50 in shipping and border charges though, so it was more like $165.00. Still worth it though since if I get it from my local drug store it would cost $174.00 + tax (grand total of $194.88). Also, the local store only sells them in 5 mL vials, but I much prefer the 3 mL ones. Of course, my life would be a lot easier if I could just ship my stuff to Washington state and then drive down and pick it up since I'm only 10 minutes from the border.

Comment

Oh yeah, and the unit dose saline - I ordered the 3ml containers of saline (they are intended for inhalation with nebulizers) at my pharmacy - it was pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
          Question from a caller... Can you get Unisol shipped to Canada (or better yet get it through a Canadian site) and if so where from?

Ditto for unit dose saline?

Many thanks.
          I'm in USA. I order from http://www.drugstore.com/ all my eye supplies from drugstore.com. I don't know if they ship outside of US but they have pretty good prices. I hope they will ship outside of US.

Comment

Like SAAG said my optometrist that fit my lenses said that the only place you can get the bigger bottles is from an optometrists office

Comment

Tankie, check if there is a shipping outlet at the border that accepts parcels. I live 3 hours from the border so at times I ship there and a couple of times a year we make a trip down to get our stuff. Ours is called the Montana shipping outlet but there are 2 of them in Sweet Grass Montana so I am betting that there are some at your border crossing as well. It costs $4 to receive a small package and $7 for a bigger one. Just google shipping outlet and then the name of your border crossing. Often you can get free shipping in the US and that applies to a shipping outlet as well so you can often save a lot of $$$...F/G

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                Tankie, check if there is a shipping outlet at the border that accepts parcels. I live 3 hours from the border so at times I ship there and a couple of times a year we make a trip down to get our stuff.
                My dad does this all the time and thinks it works great! Worth checking into for sure!

Comment

Working...
                X